According to News.com, we might see a consumer level Microsoft Surface sooner then later. If you recall, the touch screen tables were announced last year to a lot of hype. In my opinion, that’s just what they are. Come on! We were just scratching the surface (pun intended) with touch screens back then. Now that we’ve got the iPhone and a barrage of other touch screen devices, is it really that impressive that someone has jammed a computer and some touchpoints onto a screen, and boxed and wrapped it in a 70s esque video game table (remember when you’d stare down at Pacman). Anyway, the consumer, or home Surface wasn’t due for another 5 years. Now Steve Ballmer wants to speed that up, but we still don’t know an exact date for release. Currently, Microsoft still has to deliver the promised Surfaces to hotels, casino, etc, which they’re behind on.
Also why not check out:
- Coming February 2011, Acer’s AMD Powered 10.1-inch Windows 7 Tablet
- Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 10 Windows 8 Tablet Review
- Lenovo Miix 2 8 Windows 8 Tablet Review
- Microsoft Now Clearing Out Surface 2 Tablet at $280 (Updated)
- Microsoft Surface 2: Slim, Trim & Half The Price Of The Original (video)
- Microsoft Surface Pro Price and Release Date Slated for $899, February 9th
- Microsoft Surface Ship Date Leaked, Expect it October 26th (product release)
- Microsoft’s Surface isn’t a war cry against the iPad…it’s against laptops
- Microsoft’s Surface Pro with Windows 8 Pricing Confirmed
- Official Microsoft Origami Pics Unveiled
- Rumor: HP Slate To Run Windows 7 After All?
- Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 Receive Major Upgrades
- Win A Sony Duo Tablet At Our Next Sponsored Event, Techzulu Final Friday
- Windows Surface RT Price Cut as Low $349