Last week we told you about 11 of the coolest tablets to watch for in 2013. Making that list was Microsoft’s Surface Pro, which today received an official release date of February 9th. Oddly enough that’s a Saturday, but who’s to say what day makes the most sense for a product launch? Except for Apple, which has largely stuck to Friday and with great success.
The Microsoft Surface Pro will start at $899, which will net you 64GB of storage. Drop an extra C-note and you’ll score 128GB of storage. Both models will ship with the company’s pressure-sensitive pen, though if you want the keyboard cover, Touch or Type, you’ll need to throw down an extra $120 or $130 respectively. Microsoft also plans to launch a standalone version of the Surface RT that is said to cost $599, but won’t include a cover. Lastly, MS will debut a set of limited edition Touch Covers with special designs, and a new Wedge Touch Mouse, which is effectively the same thing as the original Wedge Touch Mouse, but with a different facade. These will run $130 and $70, respectively.
Also why not check out:
- Coming February 2011, Acer’s AMD Powered 10.1-inch Windows 7 Tablet
- Lenovo IdeaPad Miix 10 Windows 8 Tablet Review
- Lenovo Miix 2 8 Windows 8 Tablet Review
- Microsoft Now Clearing Out Surface 2 Tablet at $280 (Updated)
- Microsoft Surface 2: Slim, Trim & Half The Price Of The Original (video)
- Microsoft Surface Ship Date Leaked, Expect it October 26th (product release)
- Microsoft Surface To Appear At Home Sooner Then Later
- Microsoft’s Surface isn’t a war cry against the iPad…it’s against laptops
- Microsoft’s Surface Pro with Windows 8 Pricing Confirmed
- Official Microsoft Origami Pics Unveiled
- Rumor: HP Slate To Run Windows 7 After All?
- Surface Book and Surface Pro 4 Receive Major Upgrades
- Win A Sony Duo Tablet At Our Next Sponsored Event, Techzulu Final Friday
- Windows Surface RT Price Cut as Low $349