Say hello to the new Mercedes GLA Concept compact crossover. It was unveiled at Shanghai auto show this week and boasts some rather surprising technology that most certainly warrants a look.
In addition to what is rapidly becoming an industry standard turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, Mercedes has outfitted the GLA concept with a set of laser beam projecting headlights. And while they serve to illuminate the path that lay ahead, Mercedes says that they can also fire an image onto a screen. Yes, you read that right. You can create your own drive-in movie theater with the new GLA Concept compact crossover. It’s also said to come with a set of roof rackable HD cameras that can be removed when needed.
Aesthetic features include 20-inch rims, interior leather trim that boasts 65 feet of hand-stitched seams, and air vents that change color – red for warm air and blue for cool air. A mess of fiber optic lighting adds further allure and a motorized tailgate, amongst many other features, lend further opulence to the GLA Concept compact cross over.
Sorry, no word on when the GLA will hit showroom floors, but I can tell you that its 2.0l engine will produce 208 horses of power and 258 pound-feet of torque.
Also why not check out:
- 2012 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Supercharged GT by Kicherer
- 2013 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT
- 2014 Mercedes E63 AMG S 4Matic Sedan Review (video)
- 2015 Mercedes GLA: First Drive, First Coachella
- 2015 Mercedes S550 Sedan Review
- Brabus Boosts Power for the Mercedes-Benz G63 AMG
- First Image of New Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG Leaked
- Glowing LED Mercedes Logo Now Available To Jersey Shore Meat Heads (video)
- Mercedes AMG C63 Review: an $80,000 Shot of Adrenaline (video)
- Mercedes GLA CUV Is Official, Killer Looks and Solid Performance
- Mercedes Intros CLA Class; said to be $30,000
- Mercedes Invents an Invisible Car (video)
- Mercedes Splitview COMAND System: One Screen, Two Images
- Mercedes Unveils Lithium-Ion Hybrid
- Mercedes-Benz 2014 SLS AMG Black Series (video)
- Mercedes-Benz CLA Limited Edition 1
- Mercedes-Benz Ener-G-Force Concept
- Mercedes-Benz F125 Concept: The Future of the S-Class
- Mercedes-Benz’s New S Class Coupe is Dead Sexy, Comes with Magical Sunroof
- Watch Kate Upton Wash the All New Mercedes CLA In Slow-Mo (video)