Logitech unveiled their latest gameboard today, the G13. Sitting some where between a Logitech G15 gaming keyboard and G9 gaming mouse, the G13 incorporates 25 programmable keys and analog stick, which some how equates to ’87 ways’ to control your video games. Built-in to the head of the device is an 160×43 LCD for in game stats, system info and messages from other players. Much like Logitech’s latest range of keyboards the G13 is backlit to insure an optimal gaming experience no matter what. It comes pre-configured for games such as COD4, WoW and many others.
The Logitech 13 gaming keyboard should be out any day now for $80.
LOGITECH INTRODUCES GAME-CHANGING GAMEBOARD
Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Features Naturally Contoured Design, Onboard Memory, Customizable Backlighting
FREMONT, Calif. — Dec. 10, 2008 — Whether you’re rescuing hostages, on a quest with your guild or saving humanity, you don’t want to worry about hand fatigue or hitting the wrong key. Today, Logitech (SIX: LOGN) (NASDAQ: LOGI) introduced the Logitech® G13 advanced gameboard – a hybrid gaming keyboard designed to complement your Logitech keyboard and mouse – giving you game-changing comfort and control on a Mac® computer or a PC.
“If you’re into serious gaming, there’s no better feeling than playing with the G13 gameboard by your side,” said Ruben Mookerjee, Logitech’s director of product marketing for gaming. “Unlike other gameboards that focus only on programmability, the G13 advanced gameboard incorporates the principles of our award-winning Comfort Wave design. So whether you’re getting into World of Warcraft® or walking into your next LAN party, the G13 gameboard gives you a powerful advantage over those forced to work with less.”
With its sculpted, ergonomically inspired shape and pushing-the-envelope functionality, the Logitech G13 advanced gameboard completes your search for gear, augmenting a Logitech® G15 keyboard for gaming and a Logitech® G9 Laser Mouse.
Delivering increased comfort, the iconic contoured design complements the natural shape of your hand and fingers, while the smooth, concave home-row keys make it easy to locate buttons by touch. With three game modes, 25 programmable keys and a programmable analog stick, the G13 gameboard offers up to 87 ways for you to control your game (software installation required). And you can set up custom button-profiles for each one of your favorite titles. You can even create macros on the fly without having to pause your game.
And for another tactical advantage, the 160-by-43-pixel GamePanel LCD shows live game stats, system info and even messages from other players.
With the G13 gameboard, you’ll also get backlit keys that help you easily locate the right key in low-light conditions or lights-out play. And you can select from hundreds of available backlight colors, so your gameboard looks just the way you want it.
A handy solution for the laptop gamer, the G13 gameboard includes onboard memory, letting you program up to five ready-to-play profiles and take them with you to your next LAN party. The G13 gameboard also offers pre-configured settings for many popular games, including World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade, Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™, Call of Duty® 4: Modern Warfare™ and many others.
With its sturdy weight and strategically placed feet, the G13 gameboard won’t move during gameplay, giving you rock-solid support all the way to victory.
Pricing and Availability
The Logitech G13 advanced gameboard is expected to be available in the U.S. and Europe in December for a suggested retail price of $79.99 (U.S.).
Also why not check out:
- AlphaGrip AG-5:QWERTY Keyboard in a Game Pad
- Beautiful Switchblade Gaming PC From Razer
- Cideko (Bluetooth) Air Keyboard Conqueror Review
- Corsair Vengeance K60 Performance FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- First Look: Razer Anansi MMO Gaming Keyboard
- Gadget Review: G13 Gameboard by Logitech
- Gadget Review: Razer Lycosa Mirror Special Edition Gaming Keyboard
- Gamers Delight: Logitech Adds 3 New ‘G’ Gaming Peripherals
- GameSir VX AimSwitch Review
- Logitech G510s LCD Gaming Keyboard Review
- Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- MadCatz S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 Touch Screen Gaming Keyboard Review
- MaxKeyboard Durandal G1NL Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Razer Announces Orbweaver Mechanical Gamepad (Video)
- Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Mass Effect Edition Gaming Keyboard Review
- Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Gaming Keyboard Review
- Razer Deathstalker Ultimate Keyboard Rocks 10 Display Keys and a 4-inch LCD Trackpad (video)
- Razer Nostromo All-Around Gaming Keypad
- Razer Orbweaver Elite Mechanical Gaming Keypad Review
- Roccat Isku Illuminated Gaming Keyboard Review
- ROCCAT Isku Keyboard & Kone+ Mouse
- Scorpion K10 Smart Gaming Keyboard
- SteelSeries Apex [RAW] Gaming Keyboard Review
- Thermaltake eSports Level 10 M Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Tt eSPORTS Challenger Ultimate Gaming Keyboard Review
- Tt eSPORTS Meka G-Unit Wired Keyboard Review