Windows 8 is set to launch on October 26, a few weeks from now. But that hasn’t stopped Logitech from releasing a slew of new products aimed directly at the operating system.
First and foremost, is the Logitech Wireless Rechargeable Touchpad T650. It’s a giant trackpad that supports a number of Windows 8 shortcuts, so you can flip through web pages, scroll through photos, pinch to zoom, display charms, amongst 9 other gestures that Logitech hasn’t disclosed on the product page. The surface is made from glass, which sounds like something a certain Cupertino company’s product, but nevertheless, let’s hope this makes for a silky smooth feel. A built-in battery should keep things charged up for a month, while a USB port for charging and an on/off switch means more juice when you need it, or you don’t. As with most Logitech devices, the Touchpad T650 includes Logitech’s unifying receiver, which works with up to 6 devices. You can preorder it now for $80.
Logitech also kicked out two mice yesterday. These include the Touch Mouse T620 and the Zone Touch Mouse T400. The T400 also sports a glass touch surface similar to the T650, allowing for quick and easy vertical or horizontal scrolling. Additionally you can click on the “zone” to go directly to the start screen. The T620 on the other hand offers a full touch surface (again something similar to a certain Cupertino company), which lets you move through Windows 8 windows and start items with ease. You can preorder both today for $70 and $50 respectively.
Also why not check out:
- Gigabyte Aivia Neon Touch-Charge Air Presenter Mouse Review
- Hold it Like a Pen. The gStick Wireless Mouse Pen is Born! (video)
- Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX Review
- Logitech Cube Review
- Logitech Performance Mouse MX Review
- Logitech Ultrathin Touch Mouse T630 Review
- Logitech Wireless Touchpad Review
- Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse Review
- Microsoft Wedge Touch Mouse Review
- This Mouse Floats Mid Air Using Magnets, Prevents Carpal Tunnel Syndrome