It might be a difficult task to find an external battery pack in the market that can take a beating of their lifetime, but there is one seeking funds on the crowdfunding website Kickstarter, dubbed as the Limefuel Rugged L150XR. Limefuel is not a new name, the company ran a successful Kickstarter campaign with their Blast battery pack, and are back to gather funds to kick off production of a rugged battery pack, which will be available in different configurations going as high as 15,000 mAh.
Limefuel Rugged L150XR is IP66 certified, which means it’s totally dust proof, water proof (when the top cover is closed), and shock, crush and vibration proof. It even survived after being run over by a car. The battery pack has the highest rating in the external battery pack market, which is quite impressive. It can withstand jets of water from all directions up to a certain time, even submersion.
The battery pack comes with a 5V/2A(max) for faster charging of the device, and also has two 5V/2.4A(max) outputs which can help you charge multiple devices at once. It works with almost all the handsets available in the market and the 15,000 mAh version has enough power to charge an iPad almost twice. It even has enough battery to charge the iPhone 5 up to 10 times. Impressive, isn’t it?
It has a touch activated power button, and comes the ability to automatically turns off the pack when not in use to preserve battery. The Limefuel Rugged L150XR is seeking funds on Kickstarter, and surpassed their goal already, gathering over $90,000 against their pledge of $30,000 with 23 more days to go. The pledges start from as low as $5 and goes up to $170. If you’re generous enough, a $170 pledge will get you Limefuel Rugged L150XR 15,000mAh battery pack, a 6,000mAh Blast battery pack, a 24,000mAh L240X Battery pack and 3 Micro USB cables.
The battery packs are expected to ship in May later this year. You can check out the video above to see it in action.
Also why not check out:
- 12 Portable Chargers That Work Both With iPhone and Android Phones (list)
- 3-In-1 Hand-Warming Phone Charger Is Perfect For Traveling This Winter
- 6 of the Best Qi Wireless Chargers
- Ampere is a Smart Wireless Charging Sleeve To Charge Your Smartphones
- AMPY: Power Your Devices With Your Daily Motion
- ARK is a Portable, Battery That Wirelessly Charges Your Phone
- Bolt Battery Backup Charger Will Keep Your Phone On No Matter What Thanks to a Built-in Battery
- Charge Your Smartphone In Just Five Minutes With Zap&Go
- ChargeAll Is A Portable Wall Charger Alternative For All Your Devices
- Chargerito is The Smallest iPhone 6 Charger, Fits on Your Keychain
- Cota Might Finally Make Wireless Power A Reality
- DuPont Wants To Turn Your Countertop Into A Wireless Charger
- Energizer Debuts Universal Wireless Charging System
- Eton BoostTurbine Hand Crankable Battery is Apocalypse Approved
- Fuel + Mobile Rechargeable Battery 9000mAH Review
- GoKey Is A Keychain Sized Portable Charger
- Gomadic High Capacity Rechargeable Battery Review
- Griffin PowerDuo Reserve Review
- HooToo TripMate Is A Portable Charger And A Travel Router As Well
- Hyrdoelectric Power Plant In A Backpack Now For Real
- i.Sound Portable Power Max 16,000 mAH Backup Battery Review
- Kensington Launches USB AAA Battery Charger, The Rechargeable Pocket Booster
- Lightors: USB Rechargeable Batteries You Need In Your Life
- Lithiumcard Is A Unique Charger That Can Fit Inside Your Wallet
- Mili Adds Power Miracle & Power Crystal Battery Packs
- Mophie Juice Pack Pro Powerstation Review
- Mophie’s Powerstation XL Packs A Crazy 12,000mAH
- myCharge Peak 6000 Review
- NFTY PL+S Is the Only Smart Charger You’ll Ever Need