Did you know that the electric toothbrush was first created in 1954? Yeah, neither did we until we started writing many electric toothbrush reviews. Apparently, the electric toothbrush was supposed to revolutionize daily dental care, providing a much easier and more effective way to care for one’s teeth. However, not many of us have one and would rather stick to the traditional manual way of brushing our teeth. I even have an electric toothbrush but prefer to use just a simple store-bought one for some reason. It’s estimated that only 31% of Americans actually use electric toothbrushes. The ISSA (and ISSA mini for kids) from FOREO wants to change that statistic with its unique design and functionality that’s made to fix the flaws in the electric toothbrush. Here are a few reasons why you should ditch your old electric toothbrush (if you have one) and get the ISSA. Also check out our top 2019 electric toothbrushes compared.
1. Designed From The Ground Up
Unlike other things that try to improve on what’s already out there, The ISSA has been designed from the ground up. The entire concept for the brush was thought up from scratch, forgetting anything that describes electric toothbrushes as we know them today. The only thing that it shares with its electric toothbrush cousin is the shape.
2. New Form
Electric toothbrushes require you to replace the brush heads pretty often, but the ISSA doesn’t need any replacements for up to a year. And it’s way more durable than that of standard electric ones, while still being compact, lightweight and easy to take with you when you travel; a problem that the traditional one has.
3. Less Charge Time
My electric toothbrush has to be recharged like every three to four days. And then it takes forever! Well, the ISSA’s integrated battery can last up to 365 uses per full charge, with charging taking an hour. That’s six months of brushing on one battery charge (if you’re being good and brushing twice a day like you’re supposed to).
4. Silicone Bristles
ISSA features soft and flexible silicone that’s nonabrasive, making it impossible to put to much pressure on your teeth, thus preventing gum recession and sensitivity. And you won’t need to worry about having to find soft vs. hard vs. medium brushes based on your preference. It’s made from silicone that is nonporous so it doesn’t absorb any microbes for hygienic bristles. And these bristles, combined with high-tensity pulsations, will provide ultra-gentle dental care while still being effective.
5. Better Cleaning
Thanks to its silicone bristles, plaque is cleaned in a completely new way that eliminates having to find optimal pressure to really clean teeth since they use friction instead of a scratching action to remove bio-film and other junk from your mouth. Oh, and the bi-directional brush bristle design lets you clean between your teeth more efficiently, which is always a good thing (especially if you don’t floss as often as you should). The bristles are also longer and wider than normal so they cover more surface area with each stroke.
6. Custom Pulsations
The ISSA features an 8-speed interface so you can customize the frequency of pulsations to how sensitive your teeth are. And every 15 seconds, it will pulse rapidly to alert you to move on to a different part of your mouth. Then after 2 minutes it will pulse again to let you know that you can stop brushing your teeth.
So here’s the deal, the ISSA has been undergoing rigorous testing for the past three years and it’s finally ready to have “project supporters,” where you’ll get either an ISSA Beta Version or ISSA mini Beta Version and the opportunity to be the first to try it. Then, as FOREO continues to develop and perfect their first edition, you’ll be able to get one four month before its big consumer launch. It’s $119 to get the ISSA mini and $199 for the regular ISSA on their Indiegogo campaign.
- Sonicare DiamondClean Electric Toothbrush Might be the Best
- Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush Review
- 6 Reasons Why You Need To Ditch Your Toothbrush For The ISSA Electric Toothbrush (list)
- Touchless Toothpaste Dispenser Delivers The Perfect Amount Everytime
Also why not check out:
- Best Floss (Pickers & Floss)
- Best Kids Toothpaste
- Best Toothpaste
- BURST Sonic Toothbrush Review: Can It Keep Up with a Sonicare?
- Go Smile Travel Toothbrush Uses Magic Blue Light – But Does it Work?
- Need an Electric Toothbrush? Check Out Burst Electric Toothbrush: Whitening Charcoal Heads For $18 Year
- Pearly Dreams Sleep Aid Toothpaste
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected
- Quip Toothbrush vs Sonicare – Pick the Right One
- Sonicare Airfloss Review: Gum Power Washing
- Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush Review
- The Be: An Electric Toothbrush That Doesn’t Need Charging
- This Specially Designed Toothbrush Cup Prevents Scum Build Up, Always Safe to Drink From
- Tooth Tunes: Tooth Brushes With 2 Minutes Of Music
- Twist and Brush Toothbrush Concept Forces Toothpaste Through Your Head