Iomega has just launched two new additions to its current portable eGo hard drive line; the eGo BlackBelt Portable Hard Drive and the eGo Encrypt Portable Hard Drive. Both have their own specific offerings, which hopefully will appeal to a wide variety of users.
The eGo Blackbelt Portable Hard Drive is a rugged model, featuring Drop Guard Xtreme data protection, which unsurprisingly does as its name suggests; protect data from accidental drops up to seven feet. This model also features a 2.5-inch hard drive that boasts a 250GB capacity. The Blackbelt is available now available now via the Iomega website for $119.00. (Karate lessons, however, are extra.)
The silver Encrypt features the 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard for added security. The drive is password protected and features encryption software pre-installed. It features the same Drop Guard Xtreme protection and EMC Retrospect Express HD software as the Blackbelt, which makes backups and easy procedure. The Encrypt supports Windows 2000, XP and Vista and is available for $150.
Consider your needs and these two new hard drives by Iomega. If you can’t make up your mind, you can get both drives today and worry about what you will do with the other tomorrow![GearLog]
Also why not check out:
- LG XD3 Brushed Aluminum Portable Hard Drives
- Seagate Announces First Wireless USB Portable Hard Drive
- Seagate Backup Plus 1TB Portable Drive Review
- Seagate GoFlex Satellite 500GB Wireless Hard Drive Review (short version)
- Seagate GoFlex Satellite Mobile Wireless Storage Review (extended version)
- USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drives From PQI
- Western Digital My Passport Studio Ultra Portable Now Include E-Ink Displays