If you read the headline and shook your at at the possibility that an electric bike could even fit in a backpack, you’d be surprised that Impossible Technology has made that unfathomable thought a reality.
Lightweight and Compact
To create an electric bike that can be transported anywhere in a backpack, the design needed to be lightweight and compact, so instead of a single horizontal girder, its creators decided to go with a circular design for the frame. This allows the bike to spread the weight equally across the frame. Also, the seat and the handle bars are at the same height so that the front and back wheels could bear the weight of the rider equally. To also help it be super light to carry, it’s constructed using carbon fiber.
Riding Saddle = Carrying Case
To save space, the carrying case is actually the riding saddle, so while folded, the NeverWet-coated carrying case keeps the bike and its charger clean and ready to use after being stored in your backpack.
Powering the bike is a disc motor that’s lightweight but still powerful with ten 2900mAh 10A 3.6V 44g batteries, which is enough power to let you go for 45 minutes on and reach 12.4 mph, or at normal speed for up to 15.6 miles.
Riding Is A Breeze
Riding the Impossible bike is super easy and all you have to do is point the front wheel in the direction of travel and go! There’s no need to pedal like a normal bike.
Folding and Unfolding Is Easy
To unfold the bike, just unlock it, combine the front and rear, pull out the handle bars and seat and then put in place and lock. To fold, do the same steps in reverse.
The bike is currently a Kickstarter campaign an pledge $430 to be one of the first to get an all-white or black Impossible bike with charger.
Also why not check out:
- Brammo’s Enertia Plus Electric Commuter (video)
- Ecotric 20″ Fat Tire Folding Electric Bike Review
- Elby S1 9-Speed Electric Bike Review
- Electric Bike Bell
- Electric Bike vs Scooter – Learn the Difference
- Fly6 Taillight And Camera Protects Cyclists On The Road
- Ford Unveils Its First Ever Electric Bike: The E-Bike Concept
- GenZe Electric Bike Review
- How to Choose the Perfect Bike for an Outdoor Activity
- Jaguar Bike Sense Protects Bikers from Cars
- Jivr Is A Foldable, Connected, Chainless Electric Bike
- Merax 26” Electric Mountain Bike Review
- NAKTO Fat Tire Electric Bicycle Review
- Razor Ancheer Electric Bike Review
- Rocket-Powered Bicycle Breaks World Records
- Rubbee Turns Any Bicycle Into An Electric Bike
- SORA Electric Bike Achieves 300km on a Single Charge, Includes a Touchscreen
- SwagCycle Pro Folding Electric Bike Review
- This Kickstarter Hoverbike Raises Three Important Questions
- Trek’s New Electric Bike Lineup Looks Beautiful