iCall might just be the real thing when it comes to making and receiving calls over WiFi via the iPhone. They guys at iCall say they’ve got a working prototype, but due to Apple’s developer app NDA they can’t give it to anyone. Additionally, they claim that you can transfer an active cell phone call to VoIP without any interruptions in conversation. But is it the best voip around?
Hit the the ‘leap’ to watch their hokey little video they made detailing the process. Unfortunately, it doesn’t bring any additional credence to the product, but it does put it in an easily digestible manner for those not familiar with the idea.
Personally, I love the idea, but I gotta wonder what happens when Skype releases their iPhone App? I should mention that iCall offers an App for Windows users that lets you call anyone for free. Sure does make my $3 a month Skype habit look expensive.
Official site here
Also why not check out:
- 6 of the Best Budget Apps for Android
- 8 of the Best Budget Apps for The iPhone: Make Your Money Smart
- Fixed vs. Non-Fixed VoIP: Quickly Learn The Differences
- How to Set Up a VoIP Phone Service for a Small Business
- How VoIP Can Benefit Small Business Owners
- Jive Review: Robust Reporting and High Call Quality
- Landline vs VoIP: Which Works Better for Your Business and Why
- RingCentral Review: Budget Friendly and Feature Heavy
- RingCentral vs 8×8: RingCentral Offers More Features For Less
- RingCentral vs Jive – RingCentral Gives You More Bang for Your Buck
- RingCentral vs Vonage: RingCentral is Better for Business
- Vonage Review: Simple to Set Up and Easy to Use
- Why is RingCentral the Best VoIP System for My Small Business
- Zoom vs GoToMeeting: Zoom Offers More Bang for Your Buck
- Zoom vs Skype: Zoom Wins in Video Conferencing