You may just want a HUD system for your car rather than the best rooftop cargo carrier. There was a time when a HUD or a Heads Up Display was just the stuff of science fiction. Then there was a time when it actually existed, but it was only for Top Gun Pilots.
Thankfully, today even a guy like me can have a heads up display in their car. And that’s what the Hudway Cast is all about.
Heads up! You Are About To Travel Safer
It gives you a HUD on your dashboard so that you can get the info you need and keep your eyes on the road at all times. That’s pretty important in this digital age when we have GPS info, texts, emails, radar detectors, and more flying at us fast while we are driving. And even though no one should be checking their email or texting while driving, far too many people do it, putting the rest of our lives at risk.
Did you know that 30% of all U.S. drivers read or send texts or emails while driving? That means that 30% of drivers are distracted and that you are in danger from that 30%. Let’s put it this way. When traveling at 65 mph, if you look at your GPS for 2 seconds to check where you are on the map, you’ll have driven 2/3 the length of a football field before you see the road again.
This should make you cringe. And answering a text takes away your attention for about 5 seconds. At just 55 mph, that’s enough time to travel a whole football field blindly. It’s a bad idea.
The Information You Need, Delivered Safely
But the Hudway Cast will let you do these things with your eyes on the road. It’s a heads-up display that offers a safer way to access your most used smartphone functions while you are behind the wheel. It will show some navigation-critical information in your regular line of sight so that you won’t need to take your eyes off the road.
It basically mirrors your smartphone screen. It sits on the dashboard and wirelessly streams your smartphone screen to a reflector lens positioned right in front of you. It can be wirelessly paired with any smartphone that supports Miracast or Airplay, and that means almost all modern smartphones. Use it with Waze, Google Maps, HERE Maps, Apple Maps or any other navigation app.
The HUDWAY Cast lens creates a virtual 20” image and focuses it 8 feet in front of you. This makes it easier for your eyes to readjust the focus from the road back to navigation. This is the kind of technology that not only makes your life easier, but it also saves lives.
Also why not check out:
- Add This Rear View Safety Backup Camera System To Any Car
- AlarmSecur: Keep Your Car Secure
- Aware Coin Can Track Your Car and Apps – for $9
- Best CB Radio
- Best Headlight Restoration Kit
- Best Jump Starter
- Best Rooftop Cargo Carrier
- Best Transmission Jack
- Bmmpr Smart Alarm Protects Your Car
- CTEK MUS 4.3 “Test & Charge” Battery Maintenance System
- DroneMobile Pairs Your Car With Your iPhone
- Fingerprint Car Starter
- Fly6 Taillight And Camera Protects Cyclists On The Road
- How To Tune A CB Radio
- How to Use a CB Radio
- Kenu Airframe Review
- Meet Rolljam, The $30 Device That Can Steal Your Car
- MyLIFTER Robot Pulley Gets The Job Done
- Rave On The Move With The Sound / Music Activated Equalizer Car Sticker
- Roadtrip!: Apple’s CarPlay Goes Aftermarket
- Stayhold Keeps Everything In The Back Of Your Car In Place
- SuperTooth HD Voice Review
- The Aware Ensures You Never Lose Your Car Again
- Turn Your Car Into KITT From Knight Rider With Your USB Charger
- Turn Your iOS Device Into A Heads-Up Display With Hudway (video)
- Waylens is a Smart Cam for Your Viral Car Videos
- What Is A CB Radio?