If you have been using a range microwave for a while, you may wonder how to clean grease off a microwave over a stove. The best microwaves, as you know, can easily become greasy with frequent use, particularly if it is placed over an oven range. Keep reading to learn the best ways to remove grease from a microwave.
- Microwaves that rest atop an oven range are prone to buildups of grease, as grease particles rise from the range.
- Clean grease from a microwave by mixing together a homemade solution of ammonia, white vinegar, hot water or warm water, and optional cleaning soap.
- Spray the microwave with the solution and wipe it down with a dishtowel, microfiber damp cloth, or paper towel.
Why Clean Grease Off an Over-the-Range Microwave?
Range microwaves, otherwise known as built-in microwaves like Bosch and KitchenAid OTR models. They are really convenient, as they save counter space. They can, however, become really greasy over time as grease rises from the oven range and gets caught on the exterior of the microwave. The larger the microwave, the more surface area that can catch errant grease particles, if you are wondering what size microwave fits a dinner plate and if these ovens are more prone to grime.
Perform a grease-cleaning procedure around once each month if you own a built-in microwave oven.
How to Clean Grease from a Range Microwave
Tools Needed: Dishtowel or another clean cloth, ammonia, vinegar, warm water, a spray bottle, and a dedicated cleaning solution (optional)
If you’ve learned the cutout depth for a microwave, installed a range unit, and began using it, you will have to regularly clear away grease from both the exterior and interior. Here is how you do that.
STEP 1 Gather Your Materials
- Gather up your cleaning materials, including ammonia, white vinegar, a dishtowel, a spray bottle, and some water.
- Tap water is fine for this cleaning procedure.
- You may also want to grab up a traditional cleaning agent, such as soap, though this is optional.
STEP 2 Begin Cleaning
- Mix your preferred cleaning solution into a spray bottle. You want to experiment with different combinations to find a preferred format.
- Spray the exterior and interior of the microwave and let it sit for a few minutes.
- This will give the cleaning agents some time to break up the grease.
STEP 3 Wipe Everything Down
- Use a dishtowel, a paper towel, or even a microfiber cloth to gently wipe down the microwave.
- Don’t forget the handle and other oft-neglected components.
- Any grease or debris should wipe right up thanks to the waiting period you applied in the previous step.
- Try to avoid furiously scrubbing the microwave so as to preserve its integrity.
How do you clean a microwave with vinegar and water?
Mix white vinegar into a cup of water or a bowl of water and then use this solution as your primary cleaning agent.
How to clean range hood exhaust filters?
Range hood exhaust filters can be cleaned once a month by using WD40 or a cup of water and a cloth.
How to remove grease with dish soap?
Soapy water is a fine agent for removing grease. Apply some to a dry cloth and wipe down the various components until you have a clean microwave. Use water after cleaning, however, to wipe away residue.
STAT: The exploitation of high-frequency radio waves for heating substances was made possible by the development of vacuum tube radio transmitters around 1920. (source)