If you recently experienced a real kitchen disaster, you may wonder how to clean a microwave after a fire. The best microwaves may be of exceptional quality, but they cannot normally resist the ravages of fire. Additionally, you might want to know how to fix a microwave door hinge, if it’s been affected by a fire. Keep reading to learn how to get your microwave oven back in tiptop shape after it has been exposed to flames.
Not necessarily. Many microwaves will receive only cosmetic damage after being exposed to fire, so it will be financially acceptable to simply clean the microwave and continue using it. If the fire was simply too severe and the microwave was damaged, you may want to learn how to dispose of an old microwave. Alternatively, if you simply want to replace it, then learn where to donate a microwave.
For more great guides, check out what a magnetron does in a microwave and learn about useful microwave oven cooking accessories.
Depending on the severity of the fire and damage to the microwave, you may need to repeat the cleaning process numerous times.
Tools Needed: Microwave-safe bowl, white vinegar, sturdy sponges, rubber gloves, clean dishtowels
There is no reason why a kitchen fire should put your microwave down for the count. Here is what you should do to clean that appliance.
How to get rid of smoke smells out of a microwave?
Smoky smells are annoying. To get rid of a smoke smell or any unpleasant odor from a microwave, you can use a variety of cleaning methods, including cleaning with warm vinegar.
How to prevent a smelly microwave?
You can eliminate a smoke smell or other types of smells by cleaning the oven cavity with a bowl of water and baking soda. You can also use a mixture of water and white vinegar, with hot water or warm water working best.
What are the safety precautions for using a microwave?
Do not place metal or other unsafe items inside of a microwave and be sure to read the instructions before use.
STAT: In 1945, the heating effect of a high-power microwave beam was accidentally discovered by Percy Spencer, an American self-taught engineer from Howland, Maine. (source)