Halo makes some of the best self balancing scooters for kids and the Halo Rover hoverboard is a popular model and many consider it to be the best hoverboard review around. This one is built for tougher terrain like gravel, grass, and sand. It has some very cool features for riders who want to deviate from the pavement for adventure on its 8.5 inch wheels.
The Halo Rover is a powerful, reliable and safe electric scooter packed full of features. It has a powerful 800-watt motor, Bluetooth speakers and a mobile app, along with a UL certified LG battery. Read on to find out how it performed in my tests.
Is the Halo Rover Hoverboard Worth The Money?
With a maximum load of 265pounds, this UL 2272 certified hoverboard will hold just about any kid or adult. It has 3 training modes so that riders of skill types can enjoy the ride, while ride assist technology keeps the hoverboard balanced whether you are physically on it or not. Wanna ride at night? No problem. The Halo Rover comes with powerful LED lights are on board.
- 800 Watt motor
- Heavy maximum load
- Bluetooth speakers
- Expensive, but you get many features
Halo Rover Hoverboard Build Quality And Design
The design and build quality of this self-balancing scooter are top-notch. An aluminum frame makes this self-balancing scooter durable and rugged. It’s also water-resistant thanks to its IPX4 rating. Water resistance means that rain and splashing water won’t be a problem. This hoverboard feels tough because it is tough. It also has LED headlights, speakers and a mobile app. The smartphone app is easy to use for things like monitoring power, speed, distance traveled and other details. And it has UL certification to make sure that it is completely safe. The build quality is impressive here.
How Powerful Is The Halo Rover?
Packing in an 800 Watt electric power motor, this self balancing scooter has some serious power, which allows it to hit a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour over rough terrain and handle inclines up to 18-20 degrees. Powering up a 20degree incline is easy for this vehicle.
That motor along with the LG Lithium-Ion battery delivers a range of about 10 miles or 2 hours of run time on a single charge.
Charging time for the Halo Rover is about 2.5 hours. That’s not a bad battery life for a capable off-road hoverboard like this one. I thought it was a fair wait time since it gives you great performance for about 10 miles.
This Halo hoverboard felt powerful beneath my feet thanks to the dual independent motors that add up to 800 watts. 10 miles per hours doesn’t sound like a lot, but over gravel and sand and such, it is pretty impressive. The 8.5″ tires grip the terrain and do a solid job. This board is very responsive and offers a smooth ride when you do choose to ride on the pavement and also offered a great experience riding on rougher terrain. I was impressed by the sheer power of this halo board.
Bottom Line and Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Wrap Up
The Halo Rover has a lot going for it and is perfect for some off-road fun. I love that the 3 ride modes allow anyone to get on and get going, no matter how advanced of a rider they are. It offers a top of the line hoverboard experience on and off-road, good top speeds, a solid aluminum frame and with Bluetooth connectivity you can have your tunes playing while you ride.
I’m confident you’ll have just as much fun riding it as I had. It is totally a good value for money and the fun factor is for real. Forget electric skateboards and electric unicycles.
If you want to look at some other top hoverboards, check out the Tomoloo hoverboard, Swagtron T1, the Swagtron T580, Epikgo Sports, Segway Ninebot, or the Razor Hovertrax.
- Epikgo All Terrain Hoverboard Review
- Flyboard Air Has an Entertaining Hoverboard Video…and Wild Claims
- McFly High Tops and ZBoard Classic Hoverboard Edition Bundle
- Feel As If You’re Flying With Onewheel, The Self-Balancing Electric Skateboard
Also why not check out:
- Best Fastest Hoverboard in 2020 (July Reviews)
- Best Hoverboard For Kids in 2020 (July Reviews)
- Epikgo Hoverboard Review – All Terrain Hoverboard
- Gotrax Hoverfly ION LED Hoverboard Review
- Hoverboard vs Segway – Learn the Key Differences
- Hoverfly XL Off-Road Hoverboard Review: An Off-Road Hoverboard Well Worth the Price
- How Much Is A Hoverboard: What You Get For Your Money
- How To Make A Hoverboard That Actually Works
- How To Ride A Hoverboard: Step-by-Step Guide to Expert Riding
- New Hoverboard Record Set: Over 900 Feet Traveled
- New Jetson Hoverboards At Target
- Official Lamborghini Hoverboard Review
- One Step Closer to Hoverboards – Scientists use Ultrasound to Levitate Small Objects (video)
- Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Review in 2020
- Segway Mini Pro Review
- Skque Self Balancing Scooter Review
- Swagtron T1 Hoverboard Review – Self Balancing Scooter Review
- Where Can You Get A Hoverboard? We Have The Answer
- Where to Buy a Hoverboard: Best Places To Buy a Self Balancing Scooter
- Where To Buy Hoverboard Segway
- Who invented the hoverboard?