Did you get the best remote control boat for kids this Christmas?
Christmas may be over, but this five person exploration submarine might have to go on next year’s dream gift list. For those who have lots of zeros in their bank account and can afford its $2,700,000 price tag (from Hammacher Schlemmer) comes loads of underwater adventures with their own submarine that can defend to a depth of 656′, making it the ultimate water toy for accessing reefs, wrecks and checking out rare underwater species. The five person submarine keeps its explorers safe and sound in its climate-controlled 3 1/4″-thick acrylic pressure sphere that enables conversation. It meets all of the safety guidelines of the International Maritime Organization and is classified by Germanischer Lloyd with two independent life support systems that provide data on depth, internal pressure, temperature, battery status, thruster status and trim tanks status.
It features 130- and 24-volt Lithium-ion battery banks that will provide users with up to 8 hours of continuous undersea exploration, while its dual-pontoon structure and broad freeboard makes for superior surface stability, even in rough water conditions. There are two horizontal thrusters that provide fore, aft, and directional control in addition to a maximum submersed speed of 2 1/2 knots (4 knots surface) while two vertical thrusters provide up and down control. Surface communication is done by a VHF radio while its underwater telephone communicates while submerged. And don’t worry about not knowing what to do since it comes with comprehensive training.
Also why not check out:
- 6 of the Craziest Watercrafts To Blow Your Tax Refunds On (list)
- Best RC Boat
- Best Remote Control Boat for Kids
- DinghyGo 2 Inflatable Boat Gives You Many Ways To Get Around
- Kingii Puts Water Safety On Your Wrist
- M/V Aria River Boat
- MIG 675 Hydrogen Powered Speed Boat (video)
- PlanetSolar Boat: The Largest Solar Powered Boat, Setting Sail In 5 Days (video)
- Quadrofoil Brings The Joy Of The Hydrofoil To The Masses
- RC Battleship Drops Real Explosive Depth Charges On Enemy Submarine (video)
- Royal Caribbean’s Quantum Class Cruise Ships Are Getting Just A Bit Ridiculous
- Say Goodbye To Summer In Style With The Sharkboat
- The Ferryboat Gets Your Car Across Any Body Of Water
- The Future of Boating Can be Found in the Wally 55
- The HotTug Jacuzzi Boat is the Only Dingy We’ll Ever Need
- The Jet Capsule Is A Cross Between A Yacht And A Jet-Ski
- The Kormaran Deserves Its Own Boat Class
- The Super Yacht Sub 3 is the Only Personal Sub You’ll Ever Need for Your $100 Million Boat
- The World’s Smallest Hovercraft
- Wider 42 Transformer Yacht Offers More Party Room When You Need It (video)