So Nike’s Fuelband might be the coolest pedometer on the market. The design is unrivaled and easily draws attention. However, our testing proved it inaccurate and as a result probably not worth the $150 investment. Nevertheless, it does sync directly with your iPhone via Bluetooth, which is something that Fitbit’s Ultra lacked.
That is until now. Say hello to the Fitbit One. It’s Fitbit’s newest and bestest pedometer, so far. Needless to say, the design of the One easily eclipses the Ultra, and much like its predecessor it can track steps, estimate calories burned, and accurately track the amount of stairs you traverse thanks to the built-in altimeter. An included wrist band allows you to wear it at night and roughly gauge your sleep cycle through tossing and turning, though keep in mind it won’t ever be as accurate Gear4’s Sleep Clock or Zeo’s headband-iPhone setup.
New to this iteration is Bluetooth 4.0 connectivity, which means you can wirelessly sync to your Android or iPhone and get your day’s data presented in an easy to read snapshot. Alternatively, an included USB dongle lets you sync to your computer from up to 20-feet away. The One comes in Burgundy or Black, and includes a metal clip as well as a free Fitbit membership which keeps your stats in the Cloud. Battery life is rated for 5 to 7 days, which will of course vary with Bluetooth usage.
Expect the Fitbit One to ship at the end of October for $100. You can preorder it now.
Also why not check out:
- Best Body Fat Monitor
- Best Smartwatch for Women 2020
- BodyMedia Fit BW Review
- Cheapest Place to Get FitBit is via eBay Powersellers
- Darma Is The World’s First Smart Cushion
- DNA Capsule Review
- Ear-O-Smart Is The First Smart Earring
- Fitbit Flex Review: the $100 Nike Fuelband
- Fitbit Force Review: Their Best Yet
- Fitbit One Review
- FitBit Ultra Review
- Gadget Review: Clarus Q-Link Pendant SRT-3 Advanced Personal Energy System
- Hello Alvin Gives You 24/7 Access To Quality Healthcare
- Misfit Shine Review
- Nike Fuelband Review
- OMSignal’s Biometric Shirt Makes Fitness Bands Obsolete
- RocketBody AI Wearable Fitness Trainer Automagically Designs Your Workouts For You
- Shot Tracker Releases First Basketball Trainer App
- spree Fitness Monitor Review
- Suunto t3d Watch Review
- The First Sign Hair Clip Can Save Your Life
- The Zona Plus Hypertension Relief Device Is A Hand Grip Tool That Will Lower Your Blood Pressure
- TrekSta Kobra II Review
- Under Armour’s New Armour39 Willpower Monitoring System Scores Your Workout Based On Heart Rate, Calories and Intensity