Update: Checkout our Fight Night Champion review.
Put up your dukes because EA’s boxing game, Fight Night Champion, has made its way to iOS devices.
This ain’t just another boxing arcade game. You’ll have the opportunity to train your boxer and hone your skills in something called Legacy mode. You’ll start in local tournaments and develop your skills with training and amateur bouts. As you proceed you’ll work your way through the ranks and witness your boxer pique and then grow old, where upon you’ll have to retire. No joke.
We’re not sure if the Legacy Mode incorporates real world heavy weights, but you’ll be able to face off against up to 20 champions, such as David Haye, as well as heavyweight legends like Mike Tyson and Muhammad Ali, Manny Pacquiao, Roy Jones Jr., Bernard Hopkins and “The Golden Boy” Oscar De La Hoya.
But the fun don’t stop there. Utilizing WiFi or Bluetooth you can face off against friends, provided of course you’re both sporting 3GS or later iPhones. While we haven’t had a chance to get a complete hands on (review coming soon), we’re told that the game uses fluid touch controls and gestures that keep your boxer ducking, weaving, jabbing, and moving around the ring. There is even full audio commentary from Joe Tessitore, boxer damage graphics and dynamic lighting effects.
Fight Night Champion is available in the iTunes store now for $4.99.
Also why not check out:
- “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” iOS Game Release Date Announced (video)
- 10 Of The Best Free iPhone 6 Games
- Addicting Games for iPhone
- Air Guitar Move for iPhone Lets You Play with a Special Motion Sensing Pick
- Angry Birds Board Game Now Available
- Apple’s Streaming iOS Game Service to Launch with Big Fish
- Assassin’s Creed Altair’s Chronicles iPhone Game Now Available In The App Store
- Assassin’s Creed Game For The iPhone Out Next Week
- Atari Issues A Greatest Hits Collection For iOS Devices, Costs $15 For 100 Games
- Battleship iOS Review
- Best iPhone Puzzle Games
- Best iPhone Strategy Games
- Best RPG Games for iPhone
- Clue iPhone Game Review
- Cross Plane Wants To Play Any Game On The Smaller Screen
- DanceDanceRevolution S iPhone: Finger Shoes Not Included
- Duke Nukem 3D Arrives On The iPhone: One Day Launch Price For $2.99 (video)
- Fight Night Champion Review (iPhone)
- Gadget Contest: MagnetRox iPhone Game Pass Code Giveaway
- Hasbro zAPPed Games: iOS Board Games
- iControlPad iPhone Gaming Mod Looks Awesome
- iPad Dartboard Game Requires iPhone For Darts
- iPhone 4 Steering Wheel With Speakers Drives Racing Games To A New Level
- iPhone App Review: Touch Hockey
- Iron Man Video Game Hits The Apple App Store
- Jetpack Joyride Review
- MagnetRox iPhone Game Redemption Codes
- Mattel Gets Greedy With Angry Birds Real Life Game
- Myst Now Available in App Store
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit iPhone Review
- Pinball Magic iPhone Game Includes A Pinball Case With Working Hardware
- Puzzle Agent 2 Review
- Star Wars iPhone Game Effectively Uses Augmented Reality To Put You In The Action (video)
- Street Fighter 4 For The iPhone Gameplay Revealed Along With It Price And Launch Date (video)
- Stride Gum Just Launched Gumulon, an iOS Game That is Controlled By Chewing
- The Walking Dead iOS Game Arrives this Thursday, Costs $5 (product release)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Now Available For iOS Devices
- Win A Free Copy Of “Dead Space” For the iPhone From GadgetReview (update)
- Yeti Sports: Pingu Throw Review
- You Don’t Know Jack iOS Review