Our search for the best messenger bag brings us to this beauty. Not too long ago, a bag was a bag…at least to men (definitely not women). But that’s rapidly changing, as evidenced by companies such as Jack Spade, which makes not only clothing but a wide variety of trendy bags specifically targeted at males.
Joining the fray is Modern Industry, a crowd funded bag company based out of San Francisco, CA. So far they’ve got two bags under their belt (along with a wallet) and they appear to be nothing short of impressive. And while the Magnitude Backpack looks to be well worth its weight in gold, it’s the Faraday Tote that caught my eye thanks to an unorthodox approach to the long tried and tested bag format, the tote.
Now, to be candid, I’m not a tote kind of guy. I find them to be a bit emasculating – not sure why, I just do. But the Faraday Tote seems to overcome that thanks to its tough, masculine exterior and its ability to convert into a messenger bag.
In addition to being handcrafted and adorned with leather, the Faraday Tote is made from Martexin Original Waxed Canvas. Interior space looks ample, even when it’s converted to a messenger bag by folding the handles over and locking them into place – in either format it can accommodate a 15″ laptop with a case. It’s just too bad there aren’t a separate set of handles when it is folded over, which would effectively make it a duffle.
The Faraday Tote from Modern Industry will be available in black or navy in very limited numbers for $325.
Also why not check out:
- Bamboo Blackbox Cases
- Best Backpacking Backpacks
- Best Internal Frame Backpack
- Booq Boa Flow Backpack Review
- Booq Python Slimpack Review: Slim and Small is Finally Good
- Chrome Industries Barrage Cargo is a Compact 100% Waterproof Bag
- Eastpak Couch: Backpack Meets Couch
- Everki Titan Backpack Review
- H=Jacket With Attached BackPack
- Hard Graft 2Unfold Premium Laptop Bag Changes Shape According to Its Contents (pics)
- Incase 13-inch Macbook Air Neoprene Sleeve Review
- Incase 13-inch Macbook Air Perforated Hardshell Case Review
- Mission Workshop Sanction Rucksack Review
- Mission Workshop Waxed Canvas Backpack
- Mixbag Transformer Bag Review
- Powerbag Backpack Review
- Powerbag Lets You Charge on the Go
- Sea To Sky Pack – A Backpack For Adventuring
- SkySaver is the Apartment Rappelling Backpack You Never Knew You Needed
- Stock and Barrel Co Buck Brown Harness Leather Field Bag
- The ATD1 Backpack Is Resilient And Adaptive
- The WalkCar Is Transit In A Backpack
- Win an Ogden Made Messenger Bag from Gadget Review (contest)