It’s getting to be that time of year again when we have to research the best hoverboards for kids to buy a gift. Luckily for you, we have done all of the hard work for you. There are hoverboards that behave themselves and just go on the asphalt and then there are the bad boys that go off-road, aka anywhere they want. The Epikgo All Terrain Hoverboard is the latter. A self-balancing scooter made for rough terrain thanks to gripping 8.5″ tires and a maximum speed of 10 miles per hour. If you want a different option, compare the Epikgo with the fastest hoverboard instead.
This model has some very cool best hover board features so let’s take a look at what it offers.
Is it the best hoverboard you can get? This hoverboard is built rugged and tough, has a decent charge time, powerful 400W dual hub motors, 1P56 certification and it is made by Epikgo, a trusted hoverboard brand. But is it worth the money? After many hours of testing, I have the answers. Read on to find out.
Is the Epikgo Hoverboard An Epic Purchase?
The epikgo self balancing scooter is made for all-terrain fun. It has a great futuristic design, is UL 2272 Certified for safety, has solid rubber tires, IP56 for water resistance and a maximum weight limit of 240 pounds. It weighs just 44 pounds. This is the two-wheeled vehicle for those who take another path.
- 8.5″ tires
Charges in under 2 hours
- 10 miles per hour max speed
- Price is a bit high
Epikgo Hoverboard Build Quality And Design
The Epikgo hoverboard has a durable ABS shell and solid aluminum alloy construction. It feels as tough as it looks. The design is easy on the eyes and draws you in, making you want to take a ride, thanks to the streamlined curves and front lights. It has a bit of a futuristic look. They definitely did a great job engineering this personal transport. Epikgo sells a whole assortment of hoverboards, like the Epikgo Classic Series, Premier Series, Sport Series, etc.
How Powerful Is The Epikgo?
Let’s talk about power. As soon as I got on I felt how strong this beast was. Dual 400W motors make it a powerhouse, giving it 800W total. Which is what you want for off-road adventures. This power lets it climb 18-degree inclines sail along paved surfaces enjoying the smooth ride. It is not one of the fastest hoverboards out there, but it is powerful for both kids and adults.
I was impressed that the charge time and battery life is respectable on this electric hoverboard. 2-hour fast charging technology gets the job done without having to wait all day. I wouldn’t call this the best around for this tier of self balancing scooters, but given the top speed and range on a single charge, it is very decent.
Epikgos selfbalancing scooter offers a smooth ride on the pavement and it exceeded my expectations on rougher terrain like grass, rocks, sand and mud. Those dual motors are exactly what it needs to keep you rolling and the 8.5 inch tires grip the terrain tight. When you carry it, this hoverboard feels pretty heavy, but thankfully you will be doing more riding than carrying. The LED lights are nice and bright for night rides as well. This vehicle is the perfect combination of speed and solid construction which ensures that you won’t be getting stuck in the mud.
Bottom Line and Epikgo Wrap Up
It’s a bit on the expensive side for what it is. There’s no way around it. Even with the 400w dual motor. However, I think this Epikgo sports vehicle is worth the price considering how well engineered it is to handle offroad allterrain conditions. If you want a ul2272 certified commuting hoverboard, go elsewhere or buy an electric scooter or electric skateboards, but if you are going off-road this is what you want. It has the perfect power thanks to those 400w motors, speed, and weight combination to own any just about any terrain. It also has a nice weight limit for adults.
Other top picks include the Segway minipro, Tomoloo hoverboard, the Swagtron Swagboard, Swagboard Outlaw t6 offroad hoverboard, Halo Rover hoverboard, and the Swagtron T6. If you enjoyed this Epikgo Hoverboard Review, be sure to check out our other product reviews on self-balancing scooters.
- Epikgo All Terrain Hoverboard Review
- Flyboard Air Has an Entertaining Hoverboard Video…and Wild Claims
- McFly High Tops and ZBoard Classic Hoverboard Edition Bundle
- Feel As If You’re Flying With Onewheel, The Self-Balancing Electric Skateboard
Also why not check out:
- Best Fastest Hoverboard in 2020 (September Reviews)
- Best Hoverboard For Kids in 2020 (September Reviews)
- Gotrax Hoverfly ION LED Hoverboard Review
- Halo Rover Hoverboard Review
- Hoverboard vs Segway – Learn the Key Differences
- Hoverfly XL Off-Road Hoverboard Review: An Off-Road Hoverboard Well Worth the Price
- How Much Is A Hoverboard: What You Get For Your Money
- How To Make A Hoverboard That Actually Works
- How To Ride A Hoverboard: Step-by-Step Guide to Expert Riding
- New Hoverboard Record Set: Over 900 Feet Traveled
- New Jetson Hoverboards At Target
- Official Lamborghini Hoverboard Review
- One Step Closer to Hoverboards – Scientists use Ultrasound to Levitate Small Objects (video)
- Razor Hovertrax 2.0 Hoverboard Review in 2020
- Segway Mini Pro Review
- Skque Self Balancing Scooter Review
- Swagtron T1 Hoverboard Review – Self Balancing Scooter Review
- Where Can You Get A Hoverboard? We Have The Answer
- Where to Buy a Hoverboard: Best Places To Buy a Self Balancing Scooter
- Where To Buy Hoverboard Segway
- Who invented the hoverboard?