Admittedly, there aren’t a lot of reasons to own a watch these days. There are clocks everywhere, in our computers and on our person, so really, we don’t need to independently track the time these days. On the other hand, watches look cool, and they don’t come cooler-looking that Division Furtive’s Type 50.
First of all, it’s surprisingly energy efficient; you’ll only read the watch when you’re looking directly at it, and the rest of the time the display will be in sleep mode. Admittedly, how it tells you the time is not exactly precise; the chronometer is split into hours up top and minutes down below, and a light pulse tells you the exact minute. Also interesting is how it actually determines the time; you turn your phone up to full brightness and lay your watch on it to set the time.
In The Zone
Also interesting are the various features that can be incorporated. For example, you can put up to three time zones on the watch, which, if you’ve ever had to reset the time zone on a smartphone, you know that’s an incredibly useful feature. And, since it’s crammed full of LEDs, you can flip them all on at once for a flashlight mode.
Admittedly, this watch is more for fashion than it’s utility; even learning how to program it, you might wonder why you should bother. The answer, of course, is that it’s ridiculously cool to have an LED watch on your wrist. Better act fast, though; there are only 1000 available, through the Kickstarter, and the early bird prices are already climbing.
Also why not check out:
- Best Luxury Watches
- Best Online Watch Store: Expert Ratings and Buying Advice
- Casio G-Shock ‘Go Green’ Watches Use Solar And Are Built Of Recycled Materials
- Cool G108 Watch Phone
- Eye Of The Storm Watch Is Beautiful, Simple And Unique
- Gyroscopic Watch Winder Serves As A Reminder You’re Really Rich
- Nixon Synapse Watch is Sensitive…to the Touch
- Nixon Trader Watch can Survive a Bomb Blast
- Nixon Unit SS Watch Dives 300-Feet, Costs Just $200
- Nuclear Powered Watch will Glow for 25 Years, or Until You Get Sick
- Oakley Elite Full Metal Jacket Watch
- Ritot Watch Projects Alerts On Your Hand (video)
- Stauer 1930 Dashtronic Watch
- The Hundreds Casio G-Shock GW 5610
- Timex Tide Temp Compass Watch Review
- Ventura SPARC Sigma MGS Digital Watch
- VOID VO2 Watch Review
- Watch Lighter Is The Closest You’ll Get To A Bond Gadget