If you’ve got plans to cut the cord, you’re not alone. According to a report that emerged last week, the Pay TV big boys lost a combined 1 million paying subscribers in the first quarter of 2017. That’s a hefty number to say the least.
But honestly, it’s not all that surprising as Netflix and those alike continue to amass subscribers. Moreover, customer sentiment is largely negative when it comes to Pay TV, as the bulk of the channels go under utilized, leaving a sense of what some might call buyer’s remorse.
So you’re probably wondering who lost what? Well, according to Wall Street research firm Moffett Nathanson said that ” the losses hitting Dish Network, DirecTV, and AT&T particularly hard.” To be more specific, DISH supposedly lost 196,000 subscriber, DirecTV 156,000 and AT&T (formerly U-Verse) 195,000. And don’t forget that AT&T now owns DirecTV, so they got hit particularly hard, losing over a combined 300,000 subscribers. Of course you still need an Internet connection, so AT&T was probably able to hedge some of their bets.
So what’s your game plan for cutting the cord? Or perhaps you’re an NFL junkie and can’t live without satellite, such as DirecTV. In this day and age, it’s realistic to cut the cord, provided you’re willing to forgo some of the live TV benefits that largely circle around sports and sacrifice shows that have yet to make it to the streaming space.
That all being said, Disney just announced they’re ending their deal with Netflix in a few years and investing massively in the same company that manages and built HBO Now and the MLB’s streaming service.
Also why not check out:
- AT&T Offers New DIRECTV Services with its Wireless Plans
- AT&T to Launch Streaming TV Service with DirecTV
- AT&T’s DirecTV App Now Streams Channels, Won’t Affect Data Caps
- AT&T Offers a Free iPhone to DirecTV Subscribers…Sort Of
- AT&T Uverse vs DirecTV
- Best Satellite TV
- DirectTV iPad App Hits iTunes Store, Lets You Remotely Schedule And More
- DirecTV Apps: The Satellite TV Apps that Go Above and Beyond
- DirecTV Bundles: Effortless Entertainment with DirecTV Bundles
- DirecTV Everywhere: Entertainment Anywhere you Go
- DIRECTV for RV’s: A Home Away From Home
- DirecTV Genie vs. DISH Hopper: How the Genie and the Hopper Compare
- DirecTV Internet Packages: The Ultimate Internet Bundling Experience
- Directv Now vs Sling – Which Is The Better Choice?
- DirecTV Releases iPhone App, Browse & Record Programs
- DIRECTV Review
- DirecTV vs. DISH for RV’s: Satellite TV for your Mobile Home
- DirecTV vs. DISH Picture Quality: Who Has Better Picture Quality? DirecTV or DISH?
- DirecTV vs. DISH vs. COMCAST: The Showdown Between DirecTV, DISH, and COMCAST
- DirecTV vs. DISH vs. TIME WARNER: Who’s the Best Provider?
- DirecTV’s Genie Box Records up to 200hrs of HD, Streams Throughout Your Home Without Boxes
- DISH Network and DirecTV Channel Guide
- How to Cancel DirectTV: Cut the Cord Without the Hassle
- Time Warner Cable vs DirecTV (comparison)
- Youtube TV vs DirecTV Now