While many of us enjoy the idea of riding on a boat, many more of us also don’t particularly want a yacht. Instead, we want a small, portable boat that we can load in a car… and the DinghyGo 2 is designed to scratch that particular vehicular itch. You could always get the best remote control boat for kids.
Yes, You Are, In Fact, On A Boat
The idea is that you have a sailboat with less frustration. The DinghyGo, designed by Aquacrafts, basically takes the annoying fees and storage problems out of owning a boat. Just pull it out, pump it up, raise the sail, and you’re off, heading down a river. No marina fees, no arguing with other boating enthusiasts, and no boat trailers. The whole nine-foot boat, in fact, packs into two bags weighing 66 lb. total, and can be set up on the boat ramp in less than five minutes. OK, so that’s not exactly light, but it’s a lot less annoying that using a boat trailer.
It’s a surprisingly durable craft, too, able to take on 1100 pounds. A nice touch is that it’s light and versatile enough to give you multiple methods of locomotion. There’s the tradition sail, of course, but you can also attach a motor if you just want to get somewhere, or if you want some exercise, rowing is also an option.
Rocking The Boat
That said, though, the DingyGo is designed for versatility and fun, not speed or stability. The lack of a rigid hull or a rigid frame means you’ll have to be careful where, precisely, you sail your dinghy. But isn’t that always the case? True, at $3,525, the DinghyGo 2 isn’t cheap, although there is a slightly cheaper version that’s seven feet long, and saves you a grand total of… $250. So, yeah, maybe you should go for the full boat on this one.
Also why not check out:
- 6 of the Craziest Watercrafts To Blow Your Tax Refunds On (list)
- Best RC Boat
- Best Remote Control Boat for Kids
- Five Person Exploration Submarine Provides Underwater Adventures
- Kingii Puts Water Safety On Your Wrist
- M/V Aria River Boat
- MIG 675 Hydrogen Powered Speed Boat (video)
- PlanetSolar Boat: The Largest Solar Powered Boat, Setting Sail In 5 Days (video)
- Quadrofoil Brings The Joy Of The Hydrofoil To The Masses
- RC Battleship Drops Real Explosive Depth Charges On Enemy Submarine (video)
- Royal Caribbean’s Quantum Class Cruise Ships Are Getting Just A Bit Ridiculous
- Say Goodbye To Summer In Style With The Sharkboat
- The Ferryboat Gets Your Car Across Any Body Of Water
- The Future of Boating Can be Found in the Wally 55
- The HotTug Jacuzzi Boat is the Only Dingy We’ll Ever Need
- The Jet Capsule Is A Cross Between A Yacht And A Jet-Ski
- The Kormaran Deserves Its Own Boat Class
- The Super Yacht Sub 3 is the Only Personal Sub You’ll Ever Need for Your $100 Million Boat
- The World’s Smallest Hovercraft
- Wider 42 Transformer Yacht Offers More Party Room When You Need It (video)