Want to know vital feedback on our posture and more when you’re sitting on your ass at work all day? Sure you do…who wouldn’t right! That’s what the creators behind the Kickstarter campaign for Darma were thinking when they created the smart cushion that monitors posture, sitting habits and more!
We Sit Way Too Much
We’ve become a pretty lazy culture. We prefer driving instead of walking and sit for most of our day, which isn’t exactly great for your overall health. It’s said that we sit an average of 9.3 hours a day and because of this, 13 areas of our body are negatively affected by our excessive sitting habits. And 8 out of 10 people suffer from back pain at some points of their lives and much is due in part to sitting way too much.
The First “Inactivity Tracker”
The Darma tracks your sitting habits and aims to improve your physical and mental healthy by using sensor technology and algorithms that will provide feedback on how to improve your posture when sitting, balance sitting time and can help reduce stress. Darma will alert you when your posture starts to fail and alert you so that you get up and move around after you’ve been siting for way too long.
App Provides Tips
All your sitting activity will be monitored by the Darma and all that information will be sent to your device via Bluetooth and saved on its app. You’ll be able to analyze your posture, stress and sitting habits and the app will offer useful posture advice and more. It’ll also study your individual habits and posture and provide personal guidance that’s customized to your needs. It will identify specific areas of your neck, back and hip pain for each user and then suggest personalized stretches to relive those pressure ares.
Learn your sitting habits by pledging $189 or more.
Also why not check out:
- Best Body Fat Monitor
- BodyMedia Fit BW Review
- Cheapest Place to Get FitBit is via eBay Powersellers
- DNA Capsule Review
- Ear-O-Smart Is The First Smart Earring
- Fitbit Flex Review: the $100 Nike Fuelband
- Fitbit Force Review: Their Best Yet
- Fitbit One Pedometer is a Steal at $100, Syncs to Your iPhone via Bluetooth (pics)
- Fitbit One Review
- FitBit Ultra Review
- Gadget Review: Clarus Q-Link Pendant SRT-3 Advanced Personal Energy System
- Hello Alvin Gives You 24/7 Access To Quality Healthcare
- Misfit Shine Review
- Nike Fuelband Review
- OMSignal’s Biometric Shirt Makes Fitness Bands Obsolete
- RocketBody AI Wearable Fitness Trainer Automagically Designs Your Workouts For You
- Shot Tracker Releases First Basketball Trainer App
- spree Fitness Monitor Review
- Suunto t3d Watch Review
- The First Sign Hair Clip Can Save Your Life
- The Zona Plus Hypertension Relief Device Is A Hand Grip Tool That Will Lower Your Blood Pressure
- TrekSta Kobra II Review
- Under Armour’s New Armour39 Willpower Monitoring System Scores Your Workout Based On Heart Rate, Calories and Intensity