You may remember reading here, back in March, about the D3O protective plasticine goo being used in soldiers’ helmets, but now it’s got a more mundane use–as a gadget protector.
Parent company Tech21 recently launched a wide array of smartphone and laptop cases that offer between, get this, “140 and 221 percent more protection for a mobile device or laptop than existing cases can”.
See, D3O is a strange sort of chemically engineered, enhanced Silly Putty of sorts that, when you pull it apart slowly, stretches much like Silly Putty would. But if you jolt it abruptly, it hardens and becomes rigid, offering a shock absorption capability for relatively low space.
D3O cases are now available, and cost between twenty eight and fifty bucks depending on where you shop and what sizes you get.
Also why not check out:
- An Indestructible Laptop Case…Sort Of
- Bamboo Blackbox Cases
- Best Kid’s Computer Case
- Best Kids Laptop Case
- Blackbox Macbook Pro Wooden Sleeves
- Cabon Fiber Laptop Sleeve
- CES: Case Logic
- Hot Delivered Laptop
- Incase 13-inch Macbook Air Perforated Hardshell Case Review
- Manila Envelope Becomes Real Macbook Air Sleeve
- MEZZI LUXslim Aluminum Laptop Case Review
- Organic Leather Laptop Case From J.Crew Ain’t Cheap
- Plywood Laptop Case Is Classic Meets New
- Undercover LapTop Sleeve From Urban OutFitters
- Wooden Laptop Case