Grilling is more a less an art. It’s takes an innate skill to know when to pull your meat from the burner (or embers if you charcoal). But let’s face it, when you BBQ, you’re BBQing to distraction. Which is to say, you’re not BBQing to focus on one thing, you’re doing it to unwind from the work week, socialize and have some fun. So odds are you don’t wanna man the grill every second of the party. That’s why you need yourself the CyberQ Wifi.
Now, to be clear, this isn’t a simple remote meat thermometer that wirelessly beams the temp to your smartphone. Nope, this thing is a soup to nuts grilling machine. That said, it does use WiFi, but instead of beaming info to your smartphone, you can login to its independent web server and check in on the grilling activity. Unfortunately, it won’t flip the burgers for you, but it can automatically adjust your gas grills output by independently rotating the associated knob thanks to an included motored dial. So if the CyberQ Wifi detects that the meat’s temperature is rising too fast, it will automatically, and magically no less, lower the BTU output. The same adjustment can be done if the lid of the grill is lifted, which often results in a dissipation of heat.
Included in the $300 package are 4 sensors: one to monitor your pit’s temparture and 3 to monitor the food. There is also a 16 Character by two line backlit LCD display that is built into the control box, which can emit alarms if the cooking temperature is met or exceed (F or C), as well as a fuel detector based on output.
Update: I was wrong. There isn’t a motorized knob. Instead, and this is from the manufactuerer’s mouth, it’s designed to be used with charcoal grills:
It works using a fan system that stokes the flames when the temp needs to rise and turns off when it needs to cool down. The controls will keep a charcoal grill running within a few degrees of accuracy for hours on end.
Also why not check out:
- Airlighter Fires Up Your BBQ In Seconds (video)
- Always Be Prepared For A BBQ With Front Runner Spare Tire Mount BBQ Grate
- BBQ LED Grill Light
- Be BBQ-Ready With Refuel, Device Monitors Tank’s Propane Levels From Your Phone
- Best Charcoal Grill
- Best Portable Grill in 2020
- Cook Anything Under The Sun With The SolSource Grill
- Digital Tongs Make Any BBQ A Bit(e) More Tech
- Flexible Skewers Keep Grilling Easy
- Grill A Perfect Steak With iDevices iGrill Bluetooth Thermometer
- Grill And Eat At The Same Table, JAG Table Grill Lets Guests Grill Their Own Food
- Grill N’ Chill Tailgater System Is Another Portable Man Cave
- Looftlighter Ignites BBQs In Just 15 Seconds With 1000 F Of Hot Air
- Minden Master Range-Top Indoor Grill: When It’s Too Frigid To BBQ
- Motorized Grill Cleaning Brush Could Be A Great Torture Tool
- Never Clean Your Grill Again, Let A Grillbot Do It Instead
- Spiral Hot Dog Cutters Bring Extra Flavor To Your Summer BBQ
- STŌK QUATTRO Review
- The Bruce Handrail Grill Fits On Your Balcony
- The Element Indoor Smokeless BBQ
- The Ferno Grill Sears Steaks With Style
- The Tactical BBQ Apron is the Best Laid Plan for Summer Grilling
- Wall Grill: Not Endorsed By Paul Wall
- Weber Q140 (with cart) Review
- X-Series Grill by Porsche Design Studios Cooks Like A Tesla Drives