To get healthier we are always looking for air purifiers like the Austin Air HealthMate Standard HM-400. Your lungs can really feel the difference. Look below for another great choice.
The Coway AP-1512HH is a highly advanced, sleek-look air purifier available for $300 or less. This modern air purifier seems to do it all, but lets see how the reviews stack up.
This model provides a 4-stage HEPA filter system that can cover around 360 square feet, with timers and three different fan speeds available. Coway leans into smart features, providing an air quality indicator, a filter change indicator, an ionizer mode and an eco mode to save energy. However, the model isn’t particularly friendly with mobile apps – at least not this version – sot he controls are based on a control panel that you’ll need to learn how to use.
- High tech
- Very quiet
- Plenty of operation options
- May struggle with thick dust
- Doesn’t cover a lot of space
Tech Gear Lab
Tech Gear Lab really liked the performance of the Coway AP-1512HH, noting that it cleared dust and smoke at one of the highest speeds they’ve seen, and with one of the quietest running cycles.
“When we put the Coway AP-1512HH into the haze of our dirty air testing room, it removed 99.32% of the airborne particles within half an hour. This was one of the fastest cleaning times we saw in our testing, with only the Honeywell True Allergen Remover doing slightly better. After an hour it achieved a 99.84% reduction, the most of any of our purifiers.”
Amazon users had many compliments for the Coway model, noting that it was easy to fall asleep too and has noticeable results with useful automated features. . However, the price was a little high for some.
“Then I simply plugged this sucker in, and it worked on auto right out of the box. It was like unboxing an Apple product — so intuitive, so seamless, so simple. Kudos to manufacturers. And of course, as first impressions go… it looks good. So I love it even more because it’s pretty.
Aesthetics aside, it is also built well… and perfectly sized. I attached photos to show that it’s not too tall, nor is it too deep. It is a bit shorter than my nightstand, which is of an average height. It’s a bit on the wide-side, but you can position it however you see fit. It does need about a foot on the right side to allow for proper air flow, and probably a good idea to keep the front end free & clear since the “circle” is from where it pulls in air.”
The Air Purifier Professor
The Professor found the Coway model to have excellent detection and automation features, plus great cleaning options…however, they did note that the model is best suited for smaller spaces and seems to struggle a little with dust.
“The Coway AP-1512HH is a wonderfully effective and efficient device. It’s quiet, energy efficient, and at times seems psychic; it can automatically detect pollutants and adjust its work pace accordingly.
It’s perfect for medium-large bedrooms and small living rooms, but can work slowly when tackling larger living rooms (albeit still effectively). It specializes in eliminating odors and other particles, but can sometimes struggle with large amounts of dust.”
A great automatic air purifier for the bedroom or any room in the house – just don’t expect it to cover too much ground.
- 5 Ways A Humidifier Can Improve Your Health
- Coway AP-1512HH Review Roundup
- How to Clean Air Purifiers
Also why not check out:
- ActivePure Technology In Beyond By Aerus Air Purifiers
- Air Purifier Comparison
- Air Purifier vs Dehumidifier- What are the Differences?
- Air Purifiers: Your Home Air May Be Dirtier Than You Think
- Airmega 300 Review Round Up
- AIRMEGA 400S App Enabled Air Purifier Review
- Alen BreatheSmart Home Air Purifier Review
- Austin Air HealthMate Standard HM-400 Review
- Best Air Purifier for Allergies and Dust
- Best Air Purifier for Asthma
- Best Air Purifier For Mold
- Best Air Purifier for Pets
- Best Air Purifier for Smoke
- Best Air Purifier Under $100
- Blueair Classic 605 Air Purifier Review
- Brid Air Purifier: Interesting Promise, But Short on Details
- Dyson Pure Cool Link TP04 Review – Leaves Others In The Dust
- Elgato Eve Air Quality Room Sensor Review
- Honeywell HPA300 Review Roundup
- Honeywell True Allergen Remover HPA300 Review
- How to Clean Air Purifiers
- IQAir GC Multigas Air Purifier Review
- IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier Review
- Molekule vs Dyson Air Purifiers – Which Cleans Your Air Better?
- QuietPure Whisper Bedroom Air Purifier
- Tosee Is The Cigarette Holder That Tracks Your Smoking
- What Does An Air Purifier Do? You May Be Surprised
- What is CADR?
- What is VOC Meter?