Wine is a lot of fun, but it’s also a commitment. You spend some money on some wine, it’d better be good stuff. But you don’t generally know until you pop that cork and pour a glass and, of course, you can’t return opened wine. Coravin, though, lets you have a glass without opening the bottle.
How? Through the wonders of argon! Yes, the gas.
Coravin is essentially a little wine thief. You insert a narrow needle into the bottle, and it pressurizes said bottle with argon. You might remember from high school chemistry that argon is an “inert” gas, meaning that it doesn’t react with anything. That means the wine’s flavor, bouquet, and other stuff people say about wine isn’t affected.
The pressure runs the wine up through the needle and into your glass, so you can have a glass without busting out the whole bottle.
In Vino Veritas
The advantages are fairly obvious: Instead of committing to a bottle of wine, you can just try a glass. Or, if it’s really good wine, you can hook up the system and keep it there. The system works in such a way that you can keep the wine pressurized for a while and only have a glass when you feel like it.
At $300, it’s not a cheap gift for the wine snob in your life. But it’s a useful way to make them commit to actually giving you some of those great wines they claim to own. Come on, now you don’t have to open the cork. Make with the vino, suckers!
Also why not check out:
- “TWIST” This Wine Aerator to Influence the Amount of Air by Hours
- Ammo Canister Wine Box
- Bartendro: A Cocktail Dispensing Robot
- Best Electric Wine Opener
- Best Wine Fridge in 2020 (February
- Chill Puck Keeps Your Beverage Colder For Longer
- Clef Du Vin Lets You Taste Wine The Way It Was Meant To Be
- Dated Wine Stopper Is Brand New, But The Wine Might Not Be
- Every Home Bar Needs The Bombay Sapphire East Gin Wheel
- Every Home Bar Needs The Neat Ice Kit
- Inside-Out Champagne Glasses
- Instant Wine Chiller In A Pouring Cap
- Keep Wine Preserved With The EuroCave SoWine Home Wine Bar
- KeyChain CorkScrew And Bottle Opener From ThinkGeek
- Roll n’ Pour Rocking Beverage Server
- Savino: A Carafe That Will Help You Improve Cheap Wine
- Skybar Wine Drops Chill Forgotten Wine in just a Minute
- Skybar’s Wine Preservation System Is A Wine Enthusiast’s Dream
- Spiral Wine Cellars with Secret Trap Doors are Genius
- Steampunk Wine De-Corking Machine (video)
- The Bottlelight LED Cork Lights Up A Party
- The Coravin 1000 System Pours Wine Without Having To Open The Bottle
- The Miracle Machine Is A Tabletop Winemaker
- The Wine Cell: Store Your Wine By The Neck
- This Portable Wine System Keeps Your Drink Perfectly Chilled
- Trevati Aerating Wine Glass
- Virtual Bartender Is Your Personal Server
- Wine And Liquour Accelerator Makes Real Wine Out Of Wine
- Winos Rejoice: The Wine Vending Machine Is Here