If you’re like me, you’re obsessed with keychain gadgets. I’m the kind of person who pretty much has an entire toolkit on his keychain, from a small pliers and scissors to a wrench to, well, about a dozen bottle openers just due to the nature of every keychain tool having a bottle opener. But the Chargerito is something unique even by keychain tool standards; a full iPhone charger built into a keyfob.
Charge Me Up
It’s pretty straightforward in concept, really. We’ve all seen the USB chargers that have a little flip-down prong to plug into outlets, and that’s the Chargerito. The difference is, it also has a flip-up charging port. Plug in the Chargerito, plug in your phone, and you’re good to go. It even comes with the ability to put it on a keychain.
Oh, and, of course, because it is the Law Of Keychain Tools, it’s also a bottle opener. I’m not entirely sure you should use electrical equipment to pop tops, but hey, it’s a dual-use device.
If I’ve got a question about the Chargerito, it’s really this; how do you balance the convenience of being a keyfob tool with the drawbacks of not having a cord? Don’t get me wrong, cords are annoying at times, but they also have their uses. It seems like a retractable cord might be of use, if they redraft the design.
Charged For Good
That said, despite the unnecessary bottle opener, it’s still good to see a keyfob sized charger, especially as it means you’re essentially never without the ability to charge up your phone. It’s also one less thing to charge, as it’s not dependent on a battery to power your phone. If space is at a premium, or you’re always prepared, $19 seems a small price to pay for the Chargerito.
Also why not check out:
- 12 Portable Chargers That Work Both With iPhone and Android Phones (list)
- 3-In-1 Hand-Warming Phone Charger Is Perfect For Traveling This Winter
- 6 of the Best Qi Wireless Chargers
- Ampere is a Smart Wireless Charging Sleeve To Charge Your Smartphones
- AMPY: Power Your Devices With Your Daily Motion
- ARK is a Portable, Battery That Wirelessly Charges Your Phone
- Bolt Battery Backup Charger Will Keep Your Phone On No Matter What Thanks to a Built-in Battery
- Charge Your Smartphone In Just Five Minutes With Zap&Go
- ChargeAll Is A Portable Wall Charger Alternative For All Your Devices
- Cota Might Finally Make Wireless Power A Reality
- DuPont Wants To Turn Your Countertop Into A Wireless Charger
- Energizer Debuts Universal Wireless Charging System
- Eton BoostTurbine Hand Crankable Battery is Apocalypse Approved
- Fuel + Mobile Rechargeable Battery 9000mAH Review
- GoKey Is A Keychain Sized Portable Charger
- Gomadic High Capacity Rechargeable Battery Review
- Griffin PowerDuo Reserve Review
- HooToo TripMate Is A Portable Charger And A Travel Router As Well
- Hyrdoelectric Power Plant In A Backpack Now For Real
- i.Sound Portable Power Max 16,000 mAH Backup Battery Review
- Kensington Launches USB AAA Battery Charger, The Rechargeable Pocket Booster
- Lightors: USB Rechargeable Batteries You Need In Your Life
- Limefuel Rugged 15,000 mAh Battery Case Can Survive Anything
- Lithiumcard Is A Unique Charger That Can Fit Inside Your Wallet
- Mili Adds Power Miracle & Power Crystal Battery Packs
- Mophie Juice Pack Pro Powerstation Review
- Mophie’s Powerstation XL Packs A Crazy 12,000mAH
- myCharge Peak 6000 Review
- NFTY PL+S Is the Only Smart Charger You’ll Ever Need