Do you really want to tread the line between comfort and camping, without bringing along your RV? Camp Champ, a portable kitchen kit, is worth your attention. Unfortunately, so is the price.
There are already plenty of tiny burners and 5-in-1 cooking sets for serious backpackers to use, but these don’t exactly promise a delicious meal. Even more casual campers tend to stick with an extra-portable grill and ice chest. Camp Champ has no time for that: No, this box folds out to unveil what can only be described as a mobile kitchen.
There are shelves for spices. There is a cabinet with spots for plates, pots, and more. A four-burner gas stove will make you feel like you are cooking at home, the knife block gives you your choice of sharp edges, and there are even handy extras like garbage bag holders and surfaces that refold to turn into food preparation areas. For the tougher recipes, there’s also a grater and stainless steel strainer, as well as a coffee percolator for those early camp mornings.
Perhaps best of all, the Camp Champ folds back down into a box that’s not much bigger than the average crate, which makes it easy to store in your car next to other camping equipment. The structure is designed primarily out of plywood with sapele wood veneers, with added weatherproof finish, thermoplastic protection, and steel corners for greater protection. All in all, weighs about 88 pounds – hefty, but not unmanageable. Of course, you still have to clean everything and pack it carefully back away when you are finished, so this kitchen kit isn’t exactly for the lazy at heart.
It’s also not for those who prefer to stay cheap. The Camp Champ is made in Austria and currently only available for ordering in Europe, but the price works out to more than $6,000. That’s quite a lot to spend for some culinary camping unless you have a very serious hobby going on.
Also why not check out:
- Best Headlamps for 2020
- Best Water Purifiers for Camping
- BioLite Camp Stove
- Campfire Backwarmer Keeps You Evenly Toasted
- De Markis Is A Camper That Unfolds Like An Accordion
- Gadget Concept: Modular Self-Heating LunchBox
- Kammok’s Roo is a Hammock Ready for Adventure
- PrimoVolta Gloves Keep Your Filangies Warm
- S’More Maker Resolves the Chocolate Issues
- SteriPEN Freedom Sterilizes Undrinkable Water Anywhere
- The Road Shower: Hot, Pressurized Water From The Roof Of Your Car
- The Sunrocket Thermos Boils Water Its Own Water in 30 Minutes Using a Built-in Solar Panel
- The Trinity Is A Wind Turbine You Can Take Camping
- ThermaCELL Heated Insoles Review
- Thermacell’s Lantern Drives Away Bugs
- Weather-Shield 3 Layer Weatherproof Field Jacket: Carry All Your Gear