Cadillac recently unveiled its new Elmiraj Concept, its grand coupe thats showcases the brand’s new vision for luxury driving. The fours-seat coupe is 205 inches and takes up where the Ciel Concept leaves off, making a luxurious statement with performance and styling. It’s powered by a 4.5-liter twin-turbo V8 that pushes out about 500 hp, with the engine taking technology from the new Cadillac Twin Turbo V6 featured in the upcoming 420-hp 2014 CTS Vsport edition, and expands it to the classic performance format of a V8 engine.
The exterior boasts a long dash-to-axle front profile, which is a Cadillac signature. Its long wheelbase and clean body lines characterizes the car’s spacious dimensions and luxurious status. Another Cadillac signature is the vertical light component that is represented in both the headlamp graphic and tail lamp. A gently applied feature line in the sheet metal extends the full length of the body side, connecting those vertical front and rear elements. To add extra flair, it rides on 22″ x 9″ aluminum wheels and are backed by large ceramic brakes with Cadillac monoblock calipers. Its grille emphasizes the car’s substantial road presence , while Cadillac Crest appears in a conceptual form.
The interior features backlit titanium trim and divides the rich upper camel leather from the wood trim. There is also handpicked fallen Brazilian Rosewood, a wood veneer prized for its use for hundreds of years in home furnishings and musical instruments. The cars instrumentation features an analog tachometer and speedometer that are transparent, with a wide screen that sits behind the analog gauges.
Also why not check out:
- 2013 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe Review
- 2013 Cadillac XTS Review
- 2014 Cadillac CTS Unveiled, Poses Some Serious Competition to German Brands
- 2014 CTS First Drive Impressions: Not Your Grand Dad’s Cadillac
- 2015 Cadillac First Drive and Review (video)
- 2016 Cadillac CTS-V Review
- Exclusive: Cadillac ELR Walk Around (video)
- First Drive with the All New 2015 Cadillac ATS Coupe, 10 Things You Might Want to Know (list)
- The Cadillac Ciel Concept: GM’s New Futuristic Droptop
- The Cadillac ELR is a Volt in Wolf’s Clothing
- Watch Us Drive a 272HP Cadillac ATS Coupe Turbo on the Autobahn and Through Europe