Some time next year I will be forced to swallow hard and get over the temptation to exclaim:
‘Wow, that’s a pretty good looking electric car,’ or electric motorcycle, as the case may be. Clearly electric vehicles are coming into their own, and they’re increasingly doing it in style. It’s time to stop underestimating electric.
Brammo’s update to their Enertia bike, the Enertia Plus, is an understated and stylish commuter that at no point on its body screams ‘look, I’m carrying a large battery’. Yet it’s got a 6.0 kW h lithium ion battery pack (inherited from Brammo’s electric racer) that doubles the original’s range – to 80 miles on a single charge. That advantage is slightly offset by the 8 hour charge time, but that also is offset by the measly $1000 price increase.
Any way you look at it, a commuter motorcycle with an 80 mile range goes a long way in reducing empty battery phobia. You won’t be exploring the countryside on this beauty anytime soon, but you shouldn’t expect to either.
Weighing in at 324 lbs, the Enertia Plus has a bit of added bulk but doesn’t lose any performance, with a top speed of 60mph, ) 40 Nm of torque at @ 0 – 1450 rpm and peak power of 13kW @ 4500 rpm.
The Enertia Plus takes tighter turns and its geometry has seen some changes, namely increased fork offset and the handlebars moves an inch back. Delivering start in 2012, with pre-orders available now at $8995.
Also why not check out:
- Ecotric 20″ Fat Tire Folding Electric Bike Review
- Elby S1 9-Speed Electric Bike Review
- Electric Bike Bell
- Electric Bike vs Scooter – Learn the Difference
- Fly6 Taillight And Camera Protects Cyclists On The Road
- Ford Unveils Its First Ever Electric Bike: The E-Bike Concept
- GenZe Electric Bike Review
- How to Choose the Perfect Bike for an Outdoor Activity
- Impossible Is An Electric Bike That Fits Into A Backpack
- Jaguar Bike Sense Protects Bikers from Cars
- Jivr Is A Foldable, Connected, Chainless Electric Bike
- Merax 26” Electric Mountain Bike Review
- NAKTO Fat Tire Electric Bicycle Review
- Razor Ancheer Electric Bike Review
- Rocket-Powered Bicycle Breaks World Records
- Rubbee Turns Any Bicycle Into An Electric Bike
- SORA Electric Bike Achieves 300km on a Single Charge, Includes a Touchscreen
- SwagCycle Pro Folding Electric Bike Review
- This Kickstarter Hoverbike Raises Three Important Questions
- Trek’s New Electric Bike Lineup Looks Beautiful