Bose has a new set of headphones, the OE2i and the OE2. They’re both identical in the specs department, though the OE2i includes an inline mic designed to work specifically with the iPhone.
The OE2s are smaller and lighter than Bose’s original on ear headphones and use memory foam – the same stuff found in pillows – ear cushions to mold to your ears. They’ve incorporated their TriPort acoustic headphone structure, which Bose says delivers big sound in a small form factor, and Bose acoustic equalization that supposedly fine tunes the frequency response. Ultimately, the O2Es should sound good and not over encumber your dome.
A detachable cord that attaches to one ear cup should minimize tangling, while a fold flat design means that you can stuff the OE2s into a bag without adding too much bulk.
The OE2is are specifically designed for the iPhone, so you’ll be able to switch between calls and music, control tracks, volume, change playlists and more using the integrated controller on the back of the mic.
The OE2 and OE2is are available now in black or white for $149.95 and $179.95 respectively.
Also why not check out:
- 6 of the Best On Ear Headphones
- A-Audio Legacy Over-Ear Luxury Headphones Giveaway from Gadget Review (contest)
- Audeze EL-8 Open-Back Over-Ear Headphone Review
- Audeze SINE On-Ear Headphone Review
- Beats by Dre Mixr On-Ear Headphones Review
- Beats by Dre Remastered Studio Over-Ear Headphones Review
- Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones Review
- Bowers and Wilkins P3 Mobile Hi-Fi Headphones Review
- California Headphones Loredo On-Ear Headphones Review
- Fanny Wang 1001 Headphone Review
- Ferrari by Logic3 Scuderia P200 Classic Black Over-Ear Headphones Review
- Gigabyte FLY On-Ear Headphones Review
- HiFiMAN HE-400 Headphones Review
- House of Marley: Redemption Song On Ear Headphones Review
- i-mego THRONE Over Ear Headphones Review
- Incase Reflex Headphones Review
- JBL Tempo On-Ear Headphones Review
- Logitech UE 900 Noise-Isolating Earphones Review
- Marshall Major Headphone Review (video)
- Marshall Major Headphones (update)
- Phantom Headphones with Boombox Review
- Phiaton Bridge MS 500 On-Ear Headphones Review
- Sharkk Bravo Hybrid Electrostatic Headphones Review
- SMS Street by 50 ANC Review
- Stir It Up On Ear Headphones Review
- Urbanears Plattan Headphone Review
- Urbanears Zinken (Petrol) Headphone Review
- V-Moda Crossfade LP2 Limited Edition Over-Ear Headphones Review
- V-Moda Crossfade M-100 Metal Over-Ear Headphones Review