I love looking for the best laptop bags.
It’s no secret that I’m a fan of Booq Bags. I absolutely adore their Viper sleeve for the Macbook and settled on it after finding nothing quite like it on the market. So when I got word of a new line of bags I had to get my hands on one.
Enter the Mambe Shift Backpack. It can hold a 13″ to 17″ laptop and includes an accessory pouch to keep all your gear neatly tucked away. On the sides are two side pockets and like many if not of all Booq’s stuff is finished in durable ballastic nylon that has a water repellent coating.
So there isn’t much to tell when it comes to bag. But what I did notice is that the Mamba is great for toting around your laptop and your laptop alone. But before I get into the drawbacks of the Mamba I will say that the laptop pocket is easy to access and even fit my Vyper sleeve with ease. Alternatively, you could just toss your laptop in the bag sans case since the pocket is padded for your protection.
Now, back to the drawbacks. While the Mamba appears large in capacity it assure it is not. The side pockets could facility a water bottle and the middle pocket is roomy enough for a book or two, but that’s about it. With that said, don’t buy this bag for its cubic capacity. But do buy it for its durability and protection, surely a payoff most laptop carrying students and bloggers like myself can relate to. Besides, I don’t want a massive bag hanging off my back.
Aesthetically, the Mamba is pretty good looking. From a profile perspective I thought it was a bit bulky and no matter how much I tightened the shoulder straps it hung the same way. This can be attributed to the excessive amount of padding in the bag. Which probably means I could get hit by a bus and my laptop would be intact, where as I would not – catch my drift?
- Holds 13″ to 17″ laptops
- Specific laptop pocket with good padding
- Aesthetically cool
- Deceiving cubic capacity
If you’re so inclined you can grab one through Amazon for $150.
Also why not check out:
- Actor Notebook Case
- Bamboo Blackbox Cases
- Batman Laptop Sleeve
- Booq Bags ‘Taipan Shadow’ Messenger Bag Is All I Need
- Booq iPad Only Bag, The Cobra Courier XS
- Booq Mamba Catch Laptop Bag Review
- Booq Python Slimpack Review: Slim and Small is Finally Good
- Booq Releases 3 New Laptop Friendly Bags: Flow, Squeeze And Nerve
- Booq Viper rush Notebook Case
- Gadget Review: Booq BOA 3L Laptop Backpack
- Hard Graft 2Unfold Premium Laptop Bag Changes Shape According to Its Contents (pics)
- Incase 13-inch Macbook Air Neoprene Sleeve Review
- Incase 13-inch Macbook Air Perforated Hardshell Case Review
- Mission Workshop Sanction Rucksack Review
- Mission Workshop’s Arkiv Field Backpack is the LEGO of Bags (video)
- Mixbag Transformer Bag Review
- New Skooba Slim CheckThrough Messenger Bag Brings You One Step Closer To Levitating Through AirPort Security
- Powerbag Lets You Charge on the Go
- Stock and Barrel Co Buck Brown Harness Leather Field Bag
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Shell BackPack Not For The Introverted
- The Faraday Tote Is The Urban Badass Bag You’ve Been Looking For
- Timbuk2 Commute Messenger and Power Q Bags Provide Juice on the Go, On Sale Now for $199
- Timbuk2 Snoop Bag Will Appeal To Paparazzi Types
- Utility Rucksack Backpack Takes You From The Office To The Weekend
- Win an Ogden Made Messenger Bag from Gadget Review (contest)