Yesterday, images of the BMW’s hotly anticipated skunkworks version of the 4-series, the M4, leaked to the web. And today the German car maker officially revealed the coupe to world. Unfortunately, details are scant, but I’ll tell you what I can.
As suspected the 2014 M4 will be powered by a twin turbo charged 6-cylinder. BMW hasn’t said how many horses they’ll jam under the hood, but you can expect it to be well north of 400. The same can be said when it comes to torque, but I’d expect a number that exceeds the E93 platform.
Carrying over from the last M3, is the familiar swollen hood, which is paired with an all new set of side vents, though what utility those will serve has yet to be determined. Joining those aforementioned are variety of carbon fiber parts that include a front splitter, roof and rear diffuser. Those wheels you see measure 20″ in diameter and are complemented by what are likely optional carbon ceramic brakes.
Unfortunately, there is no word on a price or release date, though I suspect BMW will use a that announcement as another opportunity to milk the press for all their worth – only seems logical, right? Until then, checkout the newly minted video above.
Also why not check out:
- 2013 BMW 335i Sedan with Xdrive Review (video)
- 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe Review: Bringing 4-Door Sexy Back
- 2013 BMW 750Li Review
- 2013 BMW ActiveHybrid 5 Review
- 2014 BMW 435i Review (video)
- 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe Released
- BMW 4-Series Coupe Finally Arrives, Pics, Pics and More Pics
- BMW 9-Series Concept Car Draws Inspiration from the Fisker and the 6-Series
- BMW Builds Self-Drifting Car (video)
- BMW EnLighten App Let’s Drivers See Countdown to Traffic Light Changes
- BMW Group and Pininfarina Collaborate To Create BMW Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupé
- BMW i3 First Drive and Hands On: Finally A Luxury EV That Doesn’t Break the Bank
- BMW i8 Concept Spied Driving (video)
- BMW i8 Revealed
- BMW i8 Video Review
- BMW M Performance Steering Wheel Includes a Built-in Screen and LED Lights (video)
- BMW M4 Coupe 2015 Video Review: What’s Wrong with the Coupe
- BMW M4 Pics Leaked, Official Deets Coming Tonight
- BMW Makes Solar Charging Look Good
- BMW Set To Introduce Electric Mini: E Mini
- BMW Zagato Concept Vehicle Caught on Video (video)
- BMW’s 2015 M3 And M4 Bring The Speed
- BMW’s 30th Anniversary M5 Celebrates With More Power
- BMW’s 4-series Grande Coupé is Official, Unveiling in March (video)
- BMW’s i8 LCD Key FOB Displays Useful Car Info
- BMW’s Vision EfficientDynamics Concept Sraight From I Robot Movie
- BWM ConnectedDrive Connect
- Contactless Payment Shows Up In A BMW Key
- Is this BMW’s New M3?
- The BMW 2 Series Coupe Adds A New Dimension In Dynamics
- The BMW Concept X4 Crosses An SUV And A Sedan
- Watch BMW’s i3 Electric Car Charge from a Home Depot Gas Powered Generator (video)