BMW’s M division isn’t for the faint of heart. Their class of vehicle is reserved for those seeking repeated shots of adrenaline to their heart as they whiz down the highway, or race track, at ungodly speeds. And with that comes a penchant to spend exuberant amounts of money retrofitting their car with the latest and greatest tech the company has to offer.
The BMW M Performance Steering Wheel is not only a racer’s delight, but anyone seeking an edge over the standard M series BMW. Embedded into the apex of the steering wheel is a small LCD display. It’s capable of showing fuel economy, lateral gs, elapsed time during your drive, average speed, and temperature of the engine and oil. There are a variety of driving modes, which include sport, as well as a race mode for tracking lap times, times by section, and even a quarter mile sprint. Adjacent to the display are a set of LEDs that light up to indicate the vehicles revs, and can also double as a green or checkered flag during the racing mode.
The entire M Performance Steering wheel is wrapped in Alcantara suede, presumably to improve grip and negate sweat. Nevertheless, it hardly justifies the $1,600 price tag, and that’s before labor costs at your local dealer.
Also why not check out:
- 2013 BMW 335i Sedan with Xdrive Review (video)
- 2013 BMW 650i Gran Coupe Review: Bringing 4-Door Sexy Back
- 2013 BMW 750Li Review
- 2013 BMW ActiveHybrid 5 Review
- 2014 BMW 435i Review (video)
- 2014 BMW M6 Gran Coupe Released
- BMW 4-Series Coupe Finally Arrives, Pics, Pics and More Pics
- BMW 9-Series Concept Car Draws Inspiration from the Fisker and the 6-Series
- BMW Builds Self-Drifting Car (video)
- BMW EnLighten App Let’s Drivers See Countdown to Traffic Light Changes
- BMW Group and Pininfarina Collaborate To Create BMW Pininfarina Gran Lusso Coupé
- BMW i3 First Drive and Hands On: Finally A Luxury EV That Doesn’t Break the Bank
- BMW i8 Concept Spied Driving (video)
- BMW i8 Revealed
- BMW i8 Video Review
- BMW M4 Coupe 2015 Video Review: What’s Wrong with the Coupe
- BMW M4 Pics Leaked, Official Deets Coming Tonight
- BMW Makes Solar Charging Look Good
- BMW Set To Introduce Electric Mini: E Mini
- BMW Zagato Concept Vehicle Caught on Video (video)
- BMW’s 2015 M3 And M4 Bring The Speed
- BMW’s 30th Anniversary M5 Celebrates With More Power
- BMW’s 4-series Grande Coupé is Official, Unveiling in March (video)
- BMW’s i8 LCD Key FOB Displays Useful Car Info
- BMW’s Vision EfficientDynamics Concept Sraight From I Robot Movie
- BWM ConnectedDrive Connect
- Contactless Payment Shows Up In A BMW Key
- Is this BMW’s New M3?
- The BMW 2 Series Coupe Adds A New Dimension In Dynamics