Standing desk converters sit on top of regular desks and give extra height to your monitor, keyboard, and mouse so you can use them from either a sitting or standing position. But what are the best standing desk converters for 2019? We researched a huge variety of standing desk converters online to find the top models on the market, including which ones have the best customer sentiment from Amazon reviewers. After finding the top standing desk converters online, we purchased the top 5 options to try them out for a week and see which ones we liked best. During our testing, we measured things like height adjustment range and type, ease of assembly and total surface area for monitors.
With all these things in mind, we have crowned the VIVO Stand Up Desk Converter as the #1 pick for 2019 out of each converter we tested. Keep reading to learn more about this option and the other 2 on our list.
#1 VIVO Stand Up Desk Converter – Best Standing Desk Converter/Editor’s Pick
The VIVO Stand Up Desk Converter is a solid and reliable choice in a world of endless desk risers. There are a lot of different designs that standing desk converter manufacturers will use to achieve the effect of getting your entire workstation to lift in the air like magic, but of all of them, we prefer the gas spring force. This type of rising action makes for an incredibly smooth and quick sitting standing transition.
When we reviewed the VIVO Desk Converter, we found it was stable at both sitting and standing heights, and didn’t experience too much of the same wobbling problems that lesser converters might have once you’ve been using them for more than a month or two. More importantly, perhaps, they also ditched the more traditional spring style for a gas spring lift system, which can transition the entire desktop from sit to stand with the squeeze of the pneumatic lift lever.
With stability to match the best and a price point that beats them all, it’s no wonder why the VIVO Standing Desk converter is the #1 model on shelves (and desks) for 2019! This will let you adjust your office furniture for a perfect fit for you.
2. Seville Classics Airlift – Best Electric Standing Desk Converter
Unlike the VIVO converter, which utilizes a gas spring lift system to raise up its platform, the Seville Classics Airlift sit stand converter is completely electric and can lift up to a total of 18.9 inches in height. This sit stand desk converter offers a super wide platform on which you can place your monitors and laptop, measuring in at a total of 36 inches.
During our testing, we were pleasantly surprised at the level of stability this laptop riser offered, even when fully extended. Even the keyboard tray is stable, even when you’re slightly leaning on it for support. Because of that stability, this electric converter is perfect for taller users and home offices. Another interesting feature on the Seville Classics Airlift is the inclusion of a built-in USB port so you can charge your phone or other portable devices while at your existing desk without needing a dedicated outlet.
3. Varidesk ProPlus 36 – Best Standing Desk Converter for Dual Monitors
For years,the VariDesk Standing Desk converter was one of the only models out there that actually offered a stable platform that you could raise and lower to get the standing desk effect. The rest were either too cheap, too flimsy, or too wobbly to be worth the headache. But even though VariDesk may be one of the veterans on the block, that doesn’t mean it still can’t stand toe-to-toe with newer options like those from VIVO or Seville above.
The VariDesk converter uses an older spring-style mechanism to raise your desk into 11 different standing positions, made that way so you can find the height that’s most comfortable for you and stick with it.
One small complaint that some users have raised about the VariDesk is that due to the way the mechanism actually raises your desk (up and toward the user), it can be a struggle for anyone in a more compact workspace. It also keeps you further away from your actual desk, so if you have anything on it you need to interact with often (drink, pencil, Post-It notes, etc), you’ll want to make sure it’s on the raised surface before you switch positions to guarantee it stays at an arm’s length.
You can buy this one from Amazon, with Prime shipping.
Also why not check out:
- Actio Standing Desk Review
- Artifox Minimalistic Standing Desk Hides Plenty of Modern Goodies
- Autonomous Smart Desk 2 Review
- Best Sit Stand Desk
- Best Standing Desk Chairs in 2020
- Best Standing Desk Mat
- DIY Standing Desk: Low-Cost Counterweights
- Duke Adjustable Standing Desk Review
- Elevate Makes Any Desk A Standing Desk
- Eureka Standing Desk Converter Review
- Fully Cooper Standing Desk Converter Review
- GAZEDESK Workstation Transforms Any Desk Into A Standing Desk
- How to Properly Use a Standing Desk
- Imprint CumulusPRO Standing Desk Mat Review
- Jarvis Bamboo Standing Desk Review
- LifeDesk SmartLegs Turns Any Desk Into A Standing Desk
- LiftPro Standing Desk Adds Inset Phone Docks, Mouspad
- New Study Shows Benefits of Standing Desks vs. Sitting Chairs
- New Study Shows More Standing Benefits for Men Than Women
- Oploft is the Nordic, Mac-Friendly Standing Desk Solution You May Be Waiting For
- Readydesk Standing Desk: The Quick and Cheap Standing Desk
- SmartDesk 2 Home Office Edition Standing Desk – Smart Choice
- StandDesk Pro Standing Desk Review: A Great Standing Desk But…
- Standing Desk Benefits – Why Use One
- Standing Desks: Health Benefits Not Yet Proven
- Study: Standing At Your Desk Is Good For Your Brain
- The Level Gives You a Standing Desk Workout
- The Stand Up Workstation Makes You Healthier And Happier
- UpDesk UpWrite Standing Desk Review