- 1 Top 6 Best Outdoor Wireless Security Cameras
- 1.1 #1 ZUMIMALL Wireless Outdoor WiFi Security Camera
- 1.2 #2 HeimVision HM241 Wireless Outdoor Security Camera System
- 1.3 #3 MECO Wireless Outdoor Security Camera
- 1.4 #4 Blink XT2 Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera
- 1.5 #5 HeimVision HMD2 Wireless Outdoor Security Camera
- 1.6 #6 AMICCOM Outdoor Wireless Security Camera
- 1.7 How We Decided
- 2 Best Outdoor Wireless Security Camera Buyer’s Guide
Based on our research, we found the ZUMIMALL Wireless Outdoor WiFi to be the top pick for anyone who needs the best outdoor wireless security camera. This rechargeable camera provides a 1080P video signal in both the day and night, thanks to built-in night vision. You can choose the way you use the ZUMIMALL, selecting either local storage via an SD card or more advanced Cloud storage options. If someone is spotted, you can even use the camera to start a remote 2-way audio conversation.
To find the best outdoor wireless security camera to keep your home or business safe, we began by examining the most critical aspects of each device, including video capture, power source, viewing options, and overall durability. Wireless cameras will transmit signals wirelessly, but may require a hardwired connection for power; however, others will be able to make use of a long-lasting rechargeable battery. Different security camera options also present your video in various ways, so it’s essential to select a product that works best for your situation — we’ll help you comb through the options to find the best. For more of the best wireless security camera system options, keep reading this guide.
Top 6 Best Outdoor Wireless Security Cameras
#1 ZUMIMALL Wireless Outdoor WiFi Security Camera
Award: TOP PICK
WHY WE LIKE IT: This full HD with an SD slot and cloud storage option allows you to keep an eye on your property day or night, thanks to the built-in night vision feature. You can even begin a 2-way conversation with the built-in microphone and speaker.
ZUMIMALL produces a strong wireless outdoor security camera contender with its product, designed to run without any wires at all — even the power source is an internal rechargeable battery. The WiFi Security Camera delivers a crisp 1080p Full-HD video both day and night, thanks to the built-in night vision feature. If needed, you can also communicate with anyone using the camera’s built-in microphone and camera, hosting an instant 2-way audio conversation.
View your security camera from your favorite mobile devices, including those running Android and iOS; it is the best outdoor battery powered security camera with smartphone app support. Just be sure to set the camera as you wish, as the app won’t allow you to maneuver the camera remotely. This camera will be the perfect upgrade to your best home security system.
#2 HeimVision HM241 Wireless Outdoor Security Camera System
Award: HONORABLE MENTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: If you need to monitor the entirety of your property, this kit from HeimVision includes four security cameras, as well as the needed base-station. The resulting video can then be viewed across your favorite desktop and mobile devices.
If you are serious about keeping your property secure, whether it be a home or office, then the HeimVision HM241 kit is the solution for you. The setup includes four wireless outdoor security cameras, as well as the needed base-station for receiving the video. Once set up, you can view video from any of your favorite desktop or mobile devices, making it a great wireless security camera system with remote viewing.
The HM241 is quite an advanced kit, even supplying the screws and network cable you need for installation. We also like the durability of the cameras, able to operate between -4-degrees and 122-degrees Fahrenheit. However, if you want to record video for later viewing, you will need to purchase a hard-drive, which is not included. If you are looking to build the best outdoor wireless security camera system with DVR, this is a great place to start. If you live in the Atlanta area, you might want to take a look at these best home security systems in Atlanta instead.
#3 MECO Wireless Outdoor Security Camera
Award: EASIEST TO USE
WHY WE LIKE IT: This brand provides an outdoor security option with 1080p Full-HD video. The unit is easy to install, and the included ball mount makes both adjustments and taking down the unit for a battery recharge, extremely easy.
MECO provides you with a sharp 1080p Full-HD, 120-degree image of anywhere you choose to mount it. The unit is easy to set up, and we love the adjustable magnetic ball-mount, which allows you to move the camera angle with ease or take it down quickly for recharging. The unit is also quite durable, sporting a weatherproof IP65 rating. Need to speak with someone at the front door? This unit from MECO includes two way audio communication.
The Wireless Outdoor Security Camera allows you to store videos locally or in the cloud with an active monthly subscription. As a bonus, the manufacturer includes a 32GB card, so you can start recording. Our only complaint is that the motion detection can be a bit slow to activate when watching back on your iOS or Android device, resulting in the camera catching people as they walk away from your door. If you’re moving to Vegas and worried about your property, compare this with the best home security system in Las Vegas instead.
Award: LONGEST POWER CHARGE
WHY WE LIKE IT: This option comes directly from Blink, an Amazon company, and integrates well with Alexa, so that you can view live streams or arm/disarm your system with a simple command. The camera also sports an impressive 2-year battery life.
Blink Home Security is one of Amazon’s many brands, and the XT2 plays its expected part in the dynamic with the ability to be controlled via the Alexa voice assistant. Using an Amazon Echo device, you can quickly view live streams from your camera or arm/disarm the system – even in the dark thanks to built-in night vision and 110-degree camera. The internal battery is also superb, lasting up to 2-years on a charge, while storing video to Amazon’s Blink cloud service
One of the aspects that we love about the Blink Outdoor/Indoor Smart Security Camera is the system’s expandability; if you need more camera units, you can easily add them on for increased security. We weren’t impressed with the motion detection system, which tends to have a short activation distance. This is the best home security camera if you want a device that can hold a charge.
#5 HeimVision HMD2 Wireless Outdoor Security Camera
Award: BEST SOLAR POWERED
WHY WE LIKE IT: This option from HeimVision offers a 1080p Full-HD video solution with night vision to keep an eye on your property. Perfect for indoors or outdoors, it can be charged via a battery or optional solar power accessory.
This is the second option from HeimVision to make our list; the HMD2 is a wireless outdoor security camera sporting a 1080p Full-HD video signal, 120-degree view, and built-in night vision. What we most liked about the unit was its clear and concise manual, which helped with the setup process. The included app for Android and iOS is also relatively easy to master.
The HeimVision is powered by an integrated rechargeable battery, eliminating the need to run any wires. If you want to go a step farther, you can purchase the optional solar panel accessory and never need to charge the battery again manually. One note, we did find that the camera’s body detection feature is quite sensitive, producing some false alerts.
#6 AMICCOM Outdoor Wireless Security Camera
Award: BEST ON A BUDGET
WHY WE LIKE IT: This affordable option from AMICCOM allows you to monitor your property in 1080 Full-HD, while receiving alerts if any activity is spotted. The camera even sports an audible alarm if anyone is detected.
Coming in with excellent value is the AMICCOM Outdoor Wireless Security Camera; it features a 1080p Full-HD video image with a lens sporting a 70-degree viewing angle so that you can see your entire property. The integrated night vision means darkness isn’t a deterrent, with the AMICCOM able to view up to 23-meters with night vision mode, and stay powered via the included AC adapter
If someone is spotted, you can utilize the built-in deterrent alarm to scare intruders off your home or office property. You can easily manage the device, thanks to smart integration with mobile devices, including Android and iOS. We did find that some individuals found the setup process a bit complex, but for the most part, we don’t think you’ll have any trouble.
How We Decided
When selecting the best outdoor wireless security cameras, we began by researching the factors that contribute to a great product, including each camera’s video capture, power source, viewing options, and overall durability. Once these factors were established, we set minimum criteria for our guide; this ensures that the options making the list are only the best on the market, providing you with a great experience.
For each unit’s video capture abilities, we ensured that a 1080p Full-HD video with a wide-angle lens of at least 70-degrees and night vision was our minimum requirement; this will help ensure you record everything that occurs in crisp detail — day or night.
For the power source, we mainly selected options powered by rechargeable batteries, so you don’t have to run a power line out to the camera; however, for those who would rather not deal with batteries, we did provide a few wired power options.
Viewing options are essential when selecting a camera, so you know exactly how you will see the images you capture. All the devices on our list are compatible with mobile smartphones, including those running Android and iOS, enabling abilities such as motion detection. Additionally, we provided options that can be controlled via Amazon Alexa.
For durability, every camera we selected is weatherproof and can handle most locations’ harsh temperatures. Lastly, we ensured that you’ll have different ways to store your captured images and videos, whether locally or in the cloud.
Best Outdoor Wireless Security Camera Buyer’s Guide
- Video Capture: When selecting an outdoor wireless security camera for your property, choose a camera that sports at least a 1080p Full-HD resolution; this will allow you to see what you capture in fine detail. We recommend selecting units with camera lenses that offer at least a 70-degree viewing angle.
- Night Vision: We recommend selecting a device with night-vision capabilities so that you can keep an eye over your property, day or night. For true night vision, select a camera that includes built-in IR sensors, allowing you to keep an eye on everything without casting bright visible lights over your yard.
- Power Source: How would you prefer to power your camera? Some options sport rechargeable batteries, so you will need to take down the camera every few months to juice it back up. Other options include a hardwired power connection, and purchasing a solar panel accessory to keep the device operational.
- Viewing Options: We recommend selecting a security camera that can be accessed via your smartphone. Operating systems, including Android and iOS, are generally supported by most platforms. Avoid options that require you to wire up your television or a dedicated monitor, as the process is more cumbersome typically.
- Durability: All outdoor cameras need to be weather resistant and feature a wide operating range for temperature. Ensure that the camera you are purchasing is built for the outdoors, by examining if it offers weatherproofing or waterproofing. Additionally, keep an eye on the operating range for temperature if you’re in an unusually cold or hot climate.
- Storage: When it comes to storing captured videos and images, you can do so locally or in the cloud. Local storage is inexpensive, but will be lost if someone damages your camera system. On the flip side, cloud storage will keep your captures safe and accessible from nearly anywhere, but will require a monthly or yearly subscription fee.
Outdoor Wireless Security Camera FAQs
What is the best outdoor security camera?
According to our research, the best outdoor security camera is the ZUMIMALL Wireless Outdoor WiFI Security Camera; it allows you to keep an eye on your property day or night, thanks to the built-in night vision feature. You can even begin a 2-way conversation with the built-in microphone and speaker.
What is the best battery operated security camera?
The top option on our list, the ZUMIMALL Wireless Outdoor WiFI Security Camera, is the best pick for a battery-operated security camera. Great options we found include products from HeimVision, Blink, MECO, and AMICCOM. Other solutions you may want to investigate are the Nest Cam Outdoor camera and Arlo security cameras.
Which is better, wired or wireless security cameras?
Wired video cameras can be more reliable as they don’t rely on a WiFi signal, which could become disrupted; additionally, wired cameras are generally more secure as you need physical access to the camera to hack it. On the other hand, wireless security camera options are much easier to set up and can be moved around your property with ease. Additionally, new encryption technology is making them increasingly harder to hack.
What is the best home surveillance system?
If you’re looking for an entire surveillance system, we would recommend the HeimVision HM241 Wireless Outdoor Security Camera System; it includes four security cameras, as well as the needed base-station. The resulting video can then be viewed across your favorite desktop and mobile devices.
What’s the difference between surveillance cameras and security cameras?
From a shopper’s perspective, there is no difference as most companies will utilize both terms to market their products. For a stricter definition, security cameras allow you to transmit signals to a particular monitor for viewing. In contrast, surveillance cameras will make use of wired-network or WiFi systems for the process.
Also why not check out:
- 6 Best Video Doorbells in 2020
- ANNKE 1080P IP Camera Review
- Arlo Go Review: A Wireless, Cloud Based Security Camera That Needs No WiFi
- D-Link DCS-8200LH 180° Wide Eye Home Security Camera Review
- Gate Camera Smart Lock Is Packed With Security Features
- Logitech Alert 750n Indoor Master System Review
- Netgear Arlo Q Camera Review
- Netgear Arlo Wireless Security Camera Review
- Nightwatcher Robotic LED Light And Wireless HD Security Camera
- Piper nv Home Security System Review
- The BuddyGuard Flare is the Most Advanced Security Cam We’ve Seen
- VTech IS7121-2 Audio/Video Doorbell Review
- Wyze Cam Pan Review