Since the release of the LEGO Star Wars line more ten years ago, the lineup has evolved to feature some amazing and out-of-this-world sets that have become popular with not just kids, but Star Wars fans and collectors, as well as LEGO set collectors. Last year proved to be a huge year for the LEGO Star Wars series, with the release of so many innovative and intricate sets from loads of your favorite Star Wars scenes (both classic and new) and in turn creating probably best lego sets. LEGO dropped 28 new sets, more than any other theme apart from Ninjago. Here’s a list of some of the hottest LEGO Star Wars sets of 2011!
15. LEGO Star Wars Mandalorian Battle Pack 7914
Build yourself a small battle with 68 pieces, as the Mandalorians go up against Clone Troopers. The set comes with Mandalorian assassin with a sniper rifle and three other Mandalorian troopers.
14. LEGO Star Wars Luke’s Landspeeder 8092
Take a joyride in Luke’s Landspeeder that includes Luke Skywalker, Obi-wan Kenobi, C3PO, RD-D2, Storm Trooper (Sand Trooper configuration), and security drone mini-figs.
13. LEGO Star Wars The Battle of Naboo 7929
Get your battle build on with The Battle of Nabo set that comes with eight attle droids with blasters, 2 droid pilots, Jar Jar Binks and Gungan scout figures. It features 241 pieces and is part of the scene of the invasion of Naboo.
12. LEGO Star Wars Sith Nightspeeder 7957
Straight form the Clone Wars episodes comes with a Sith nightspeeder (having 2 detachable pods and flick missile) and three minifigures, including Anakin Skywalker, Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress.
11. LEGO Star Wars Plo Koon’s Jedi Starighter 8093
Here’s another form the Clone Wars cartoons. The Plo Koon’s Jedi Starighter set has wings that move and features a Plo Kloon minifigure as well as a R7-D4 astromech droid.
10. LEGO Star Wars Darth Maul’s Sith Infiltrator 7961
This set is from Episode 1, The Phantom Menace and features a hatch that opens, a landing ramp and folding wings. There are four minifigures of Darth Maul, Captain Panaka, Padmé and Qui-Gon Jinn.
9. LEGO Star Wars Imperial V-Wing Starfighter 7915
As a craft of the Galactic Empire, battle with rebel forces with this Imperial V-Wing Starfighter set that comes with 139 pieces and includes rotating wings for flying mode and landing mode as well as a working cockpit.
8. LEGO Star Wars Clone Trooper Battle Pack 7913
While it may be a smaller set with more than 80 pieces, but it was still a huge hit with kids and collectors alike. It comes with four minifigs, including a clone commander, a couple of bomb squad troopers and an ARF trooper.
7. LEGO Star Wars Snow Trooper Army Pack 8084
With 74 pieces, this set was a huge hit last year and comes with a battle station with a rotating missile firing gun and gunner seat. It includes a couple of snowtrooper minifigs, an Imperial officer and an AT-AT driver.
6. LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 7958
Christmas is long gone, but this set was a huge hit since it provided small gifts via “secret” doors that had small surprises like various minifigures, including Yoda in a Santa suit.
5. LEGO Star Wars Hoth Wampa Set 7964
Based on a scene from The Empire Strikes Back, the Hoth Wampa Seth comes with practically 300 pieces and several minifigs like he Wampa ice creature, Luke Skywalker and Zev Senesca. It also has a snowspeeder with opening cockpit.
4. LEGO Star Wars Republic Frigate 7964
With more than 1,000 pieces, the Republic Frigate set comes with a movable escape pod and five minifigs that include Yoda, Quinlan Vos, Eeth Koth, Clone Commander Wolffe and a Wolfpack clone trooper.
3. LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon 7965
Straight from the scene in Episode IV where the Millennium Falcon escapes from the Death Star comes this amazing set that features 1,200 pieces and six minfigs.
2. LEGO Star Wars Death Star 10188
There’s a whopping 3,803 pieces included in this ultimate set that no collection should be without, which is why it was a 2011 favorite. It has an array of moving parts and comes with 24 minifigurers.
1. LEGO Super Star Destroyer 10221
This jaw-dropping vessel is straight out of the classic Star Wars movies and is the personal flagship of Darth Vader and features more than 3,000 pieces. It measure nearly 50 inches long and weighs about 8 pounds, making it one ultimate collector’s piece.
Also why not check out:
- 10 of the Biggest, Most Challengingly Awesome Lego Sets You Can Kill a Weekend Building in 2019 (list)
- 10 of the Most Magical LEGO Harry Potter Sets (list)
- 12 Movie-Themed LEGO Sets That You Can Buy Today (list)
- 13 Batman LEGO Sets From $100 to $850 (list)
- 22 of the Geekiest Star Wars LEGO Sets (list)
- Full Scale LEGO X-Wing Is the Largest Model In History
- Lego Utensils Are The Best Utensils
- Lego Worlds Aims to Replace Minecraft, Looks Fantastic
- The Simpsons LEGOs Coming Soon
- Top 10 Badass LEGO Guns (video)
- World’s Most Expensive Solid Gold LEGO Brick