The best iPhone puzzle games for 2018 and 2019 test a person’s problem solving skills, whether that be logic, pattern recognition, or word completion. With that in mind, if you want to enhance your problem solving skills, picking up one of our suggested top iPhone puzzle games could be the perfect way to do that.
Keep in mind, if the puzzles or iPhone word games aren’t difficult, you won’t be able to sharpen those problem solving skills. And unfortunately, the App Store is full of easy to solve puzzle games, with the majority of them being aimed at children. Of course, feel free to check out our most addicting iPhone games list if that’s your bag.
At any rate, we’ve taken the liberty of wading through the App Store in search of the top iPhone puzzle games that not only pose a serious challenge, but also have offer engaging gameplay, and beautiful graphics.
Table of Contents:
- iPhone Puzzle Games Compared
- Our Top iPhone Puzzle Game Picks
- What iPhone Puzzle Game is Right For You
- 1 Top 10 iPhone Puzzle Games
- 2 Our Top iPhone Puzzle Game Picks
Top 10 iPhone Puzzle Games
Our Top iPhone Puzzle Game Picks
#1 Pick Angry Birds 2
Angry Birds 2, while comparable in gameplay and mechanics as the first, adds some extra flavor into the gameplay. Players now get to choose which bird they’ll launch at their enemies next, but if players choose the wrong bird, they may fail the puzzle and have to start over. Boss battles are also now available in Angry Birds 2, which are much more difficult matches players will need to complete in order to progress. This is surely a must iPhone game.
#2 Pick The Room
The Room is one of the most challenging iPhone games to date. This intricately crafted puzzler will immerse players in a room where they have to figure out extremely mind-bending puzzles, and then more puzzles within that puzzle. The game is quick, depending on how fast you can solve these riddles, but the developers have released two other titles that are both increasingly difficult than this first game in The Room series. Prepare to challenge your mind, as even the hints don’t give you answers; they only make you think more.
#3 Pick Bejeweled Blitz
PopCap brought the classic video game title Bejeweled to the App Store, and it’s better than ever. The gameplay is the same, where players will have to match-3 colors or more to score any sort of points. While there are classic matches, PopCap also included some timed matches that will allow players to race against the clock. One of the best parts about this particular game is the insanely gorgeous visuals–each match has a different style and theme, and matching gems will result in explosive visuals. The more you match in a row, the more “explosive” they get!
4. Tetris Blitz
Electronic Arts brought the timeless classic Tetris to the App Store long ago, but more recently introduced a new and more explosive version of the game called Tetris Blitz. Players will experience the classic mechanics of Tetris, but with a unique twist. In Tetris Blitz, you can enable a frenzy mode, which adds fast-paced explosive effects and double points to the game. There’s also a new “drag-and-place” control, which lets players tap a piece and place them with precision, but you better be quick or you risk losing it all!
5. Unblock Me
Unblock Me is another fan-favorite, requiring players to move blocks around so that the red block can progress to the next level. The first few introductory levels are easy, but it gets increasingly difficult as players go along. There are four difficulty levels ranging from beginner to expert. But no matter the difficulty you choose, players will be spending weeks to fully complete this game, as there are almost 15,000 different puzzles in tow.
6. Where’s My Perry?
Where’s My Perry? is the ultimate puzzler from Disney. Players will have to guide water through a level in order to power Agent P’s secret transportation device. The game is full of complexity of the puzzles for children and adults of all ages. Players will have to figure out how to transport water to Agent P in the form of liquid or steam, even when difficult obstructions get in the way. Where’s My Perry? is a quick puzzler, but Disney has all sorts of extra levels for those that want to keep playing.
7. 100 Floors
The concept of 100 Floors is simple. Players start out at the top floor, and will have to complete a puzzle in order to move to the next floor. Players will have to pinch, poke, shake, tilt, and swipe the on-screen images in order to solve the puzzle. There are items players will come across that they can keep in their inventory to help solve these mind-bending puzzles as well. As the name implies, there are 100 levels, meaning there’s plenty of content to keep you busy for some time.
8. Bad Piggies
From the developers of Angry Birds comes a new and unique title, Bad Piggies. Players are tasked with building makeshift contraptions from a massive collection of parts, and then that contraption has to be used to complete the mission objectives, such as obtaining stars and hitting the red button at the end of the map. Bad Piggies is a lot of fun, as there’s a lot of puzzles involved, but also endless creativity. Just make sure to avoid blowing your vehicle up!
9. Triple Town
Triple Town is one of the more unique puzzle games on the App Store. Players will have to place pieces of equipment in the proper order to build a great city full of castles, cathedrals, and houses. Players build this city by matching three or more pieces (e.g. three trees, three stones, and so on). It’s a fairly long game, as you do run out of moves and will have to wait for some time to pass before they’re refilled. The game is also very difficult, as bears also randomly appear and try to put a stop to your city’s progress.
10. Cut the Rope: Experiments
Cut the Rope is a fan-favorite, with many different expansions and versions of the game available. Players will interact with some simple mechanics, as the only thing they have to do is cut the rope that candy is attached to, and do it in such a way that it makes it to Om Nom, the main character in this game. Levels start out fairly easy, but it gets more and more complicated when players have to begin making sure the the rope is cut at just the right time. With over 175 levels, players will have mind-bending content for days and weeks to come.
What iPhone Puzzle Games Are Right for You
There’s something for everybody here – and if you can’t find it – then check out all of our amazing iPhone game reviews. If you love those difficult puzzles with a fantasy twist, Triple Town is right up your alley. If you like a puzzler that takes things much less seriously and with a cartoon-ish style, Angry Birds 2, Bad Piggies, and Cut the Rope are another couple of perfect choices that will meet your gaming needs. And if puzzlers aren’t your thing, we’ve constructed a list of the absolute best iPhone games on the App Store as well.
Also why not check out:
- “Transformers: Dark of the Moon” iOS Game Release Date Announced (video)
- 10 Of The Best Free iPhone 6 Games
- Addicting Games for iPhone
- Air Guitar Move for iPhone Lets You Play with a Special Motion Sensing Pick
- Angry Birds Board Game Now Available
- Apple’s Streaming iOS Game Service to Launch with Big Fish
- Assassin’s Creed Altair’s Chronicles iPhone Game Now Available In The App Store
- Assassin’s Creed Game For The iPhone Out Next Week
- Atari Issues A Greatest Hits Collection For iOS Devices, Costs $15 For 100 Games
- Battleship iOS Review
- Best iPhone Strategy Games
- Best RPG Games for iPhone
- Clue iPhone Game Review
- Cross Plane Wants To Play Any Game On The Smaller Screen
- DanceDanceRevolution S iPhone: Finger Shoes Not Included
- Duke Nukem 3D Arrives On The iPhone: One Day Launch Price For $2.99 (video)
- Fight Night Champion Punches Its Way To iOS Devices (update)
- Fight Night Champion Review (iPhone)
- Gadget Contest: MagnetRox iPhone Game Pass Code Giveaway
- Hasbro zAPPed Games: iOS Board Games
- iControlPad iPhone Gaming Mod Looks Awesome
- iPad Dartboard Game Requires iPhone For Darts
- iPhone 4 Steering Wheel With Speakers Drives Racing Games To A New Level
- iPhone App Review: Touch Hockey
- Iron Man Video Game Hits The Apple App Store
- Jetpack Joyride Review
- MagnetRox iPhone Game Redemption Codes
- Mattel Gets Greedy With Angry Birds Real Life Game
- Myst Now Available in App Store
- Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit iPhone Review
- Pinball Magic iPhone Game Includes A Pinball Case With Working Hardware
- Puzzle Agent 2 Review
- Star Wars iPhone Game Effectively Uses Augmented Reality To Put You In The Action (video)
- Street Fighter 4 For The iPhone Gameplay Revealed Along With It Price And Launch Date (video)
- Stride Gum Just Launched Gumulon, an iOS Game That is Controlled By Chewing
- The Walking Dead iOS Game Arrives this Thursday, Costs $5 (product release)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 Now Available For iOS Devices
- Win A Free Copy Of “Dead Space” For the iPhone From GadgetReview (update)
- Yeti Sports: Pingu Throw Review
- You Don’t Know Jack iOS Review