With a huge increase in people moving to the region, it’s no wonder that Las Vegas has also seen a rise in their home burglary stats over the past several years. The region is known for having the most hard cash/valuables within city limits of any county in the United States at any given time, and with such a huge tourist population flooding the streets every weekend this makes it a hotbed for illicit criminal activity. And hence why home security systems in Las Vegas NV and North Las Vagas have become essential to guaranteeing home safety and why you must have the best home security for your area or region to protect your home from potential property crime.
Overall the city only ranks as 11% safer than other cities in the country, which is why it’s vital that anyone currently living in the Las Vegas metro area (or those with plans to move there in the near future) has a strong home security solution at their disposal which can help to deter or even capture any burglars who might try to break into your home unannounced and uninvited.
But which security system is the best for Las Vegas overall? We looked at some of the best home security systems around and after exhaustive testing of some of the most high-profile options available, Gadget Review has determined that Protect America is the #1 home security system for Las Vegas, thanks in part to its $0 equipment cost for new subscribers and 100% money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with the system in 30 days.
Table of Contents
|Activation + Installation Fee||$0||$0||$0|
|Monthly Fee||$19.99 - |
|$34.99 - |
|Contract Agreement||3 Years||1 or 3 Year||None|
|Equipment Cost||$0||Starts at $99||Starts at $129.99|
|Refund Policy||100% money back, 30 days||100% money back, 30 days||30 Day Return + 10% Restocking Fee (if bought from Scout direct)|
|Warranty||Lifetime||3 Years||1 Year|
|30 Day Trial with No Fee||30 Day Return + 10% Restocking Fee (if bought from Scout direct)|
|Cancellation Policy||15 days||Early Termination Fee||n/a|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
- Smoke and heat monitoring
- Carbon monoxide monitoring
- 100% wireless home surveillance
- Pets under 40 pounds will not trip the alarm (meaning no fines from Atlanta city hall)
- Live streaming to your device
- 30-Day Risk-Free trial
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
- No snapshot pictures or recording available
- Monitored outsourced though one company (Rapid Response)
- Contract must be at least three years
- Only a 3-year warranty
FrontPoint Security is our #1 pick for home security in Las Vegas for one big reason: simplicity of setup.
Oftentimes one of the main reasons that a homeowner or apartment leasee might go with a company like ADT or Bay Security is unlike DIY systems, generally those companies will send a technician over to your home to get everything set up and running to code. The catch is they’ll also charge you an arm and a leg for the privilege, which means that money which could have gone to either signing up for a longer monitoring contract or buying better equipment instead gets spent upfront on a job that usually, you can do yourself without much trouble.
#2 – Scout Alarm
- No activation or installation fees
- Easily to relocate
- Backup 3G network
- Integrates with Nest and Nest Cam
- Excellent customer service
- Money back guarantee
- No contract despite using professional monitoring
- Not many equipment options
- Upfront payment for equipment
- Does not include flood, break glass, or temperature units
- Not registered with the Better Business Bureau
- Limited motion sensor range
- Inadequate battery life
Scout Alarm is a company that really strips down the DIY security system to its most essential elements, and doesn’t really leave much room to spare for extra frills or add-on equipment we’ve seen from other providers in the space. Scout Alarm works more as an equipment vendor than it does as a full-fledged security outfit, and actually leases out their monitoring services to a third-party vendor. That said, the equipment is painfully simple to set up and operate, and everything about operating the Scout Alarm network has been streamlined to its most basic implementation that just gets the job done without a lot of muss or fuss in between.
Unfortunately as of this writing the company doesn’t offer any kind of glass break detectors, nor is the main hub protected by a system known as “crash and smash”, which will provide backup power and send out a CDMA signal in the case that either the main unit or your home router/internet signal are tampered with in the case of a break-in. That said if you want a system where you won’t be locked into a contract and can buy protection a’la carte as you need it, there isn’t a better option out there that still provides a wide range of motion and door sensors designed to cover every inch of your home in a warm blanket of security and protection.
#3 – Protect America
- No activation or installation fees
- Lifetime Warranty
- Backup 3G network
- HD security camera has great quality
- Not many equipment options
- Three-year contract commitment is lengthy
- No glass break detectors
Protect America is our #3 pick as the best security system for Las Vegas thanks to the security company’s innovative approach to avoiding as many upfront costs as possible. Rather than making you buy a ton of equipment while also locking you into a long-term contract (like FrontPoint), Protect America goes the “cell phone plan” route and covers the cost of all your hardware as long as you sign up to a three-year minimum monitoring plan. While that may sound like a long time, if you’re homeowner and plan to be living in the same location for the foreseeable future it should only represent a fraction of the total time you’d want to keep your home safe in the long scope of things.
The company offers a range of monitoring tools that are on par with some of the best in the business, along with a main hub that can’t be hacked thanks to the company’s own proprietary firmware installed by default on every unit they ship. Plus, the home security cameras will let you check in on your home anytime, anywhere. If you’re looking for a system that will just work the way you need it to but also won’t cost you an arm and a leg to get running out of the gate, Protect America is currently the only security system offering we know of that will foot the hardware bill for you, no questions asked.
Las Vegas Crime Statistics
Unlike many cities across the United States which have seen an overall reduction in their crime rates over the past decade, Las Vegas has actually seen their crime rate climb considerable, with a 32% increase in the overall average of crimes compared to the rest of the country. Although violent crime has decreased, property crimes like home burglaries are on the upswing. This is most apparent in the statistics: in 2002 Clark County police reported 11,136 burglaries within city limits; in 2014 that number had increased to 14,150.
This means that it’s vitally important for anyone who already lives in Las Vegas or is considering a move there to contact a trusted security company and get a home security system installed immediately. This will ensure that residents in Las Vegas can efficiently combat the rise in home invasions and put a stop to property crime that the county has been experiencing over the past several years. Anyone with a security network installed or wireless home security system in Las Vegas is already doing their part to improve the safety and welfare of their local community.
Other Las Vegas Home Security Companies to Consider
Aside from the big national brands, there are several local home security companies in Las Vegas who are highly rated for their service and tech options in Clark Country metro area. As a city with one of the highest concentrations of raw cash and goods flowing in and out of the county every day, it’s no wonder that dozens of highly-rated security companies have descended on the region as a result.
- Progressive Home
- Brantley Security Systems
- Safe and Secure Alarms and Video
- Synergy Security
- Security One
Las Vegas Home Security False Alarm Policy
Las Vegas is one of the few cities in the United States that works off what’s known as a “Broadcast and File” policy when it comes to false home alarms. This means the police department will broadcast the call over the air, and allow their “best officers” to determine which calls they do or don’t respond to. If a specific location has had a large number of false alarms (5+), the department may only follow up with the security system company who called the alert in rather than dispatching someone to the location immediately. If the company reports that a user called them and verified it was a false alarm, the call will be canceled out.
This means that while you won’t be charged any fees for lodging a false alarm in Las Vegas, there is a chance that officers may not even show up at the property at all if you’ve had multiple infractions before that. So be careful in Clark County if you’re the type to accidentally cry wolf too often with your home security system!
Also why not check out:
- A $2 Wireless Emitter Can Beat SimpliSafe’s Home Security System
- ADT Announces Pulse: A Feature-Rich New Smart Home Security Product
- ADT Home Security Review Roundup
- Angee Home Security System Raises over $470,000 on Kickstarter, Protects with Spinning Camera
- Another Personal, Internet Based Alarm System: InGrid
- Best Home Security Systems in Atlanta
- Burglar Blaster Detects Home Intruders, Fires Pepper Spray
- Canary Home Security Review
- Defender 4K Wired Security System Review
- FrontPoint Home Security System Review
- Gate Camera Smart Lock Is Packed With Security Features
- Honeywell Lyric Home Security System
- iCamera Keep Pro Home Security System Review
- Ideal Security Wireless Motion Sensor Starter Package
- Kevin Is A Virtual Roommate That Protects Against Burglars
- KeyWe Is A Smart Lock For Your Home
- LiveWatch Home Security System Review
- MYNT ES Smart GPS Tracker: Track Your Gadgets Any Where
- Nest Security Review Roundup
- Novi 4-in-1 HD Home Security System Review
- Olarm Is The Next Generation Of Home Security
- Piper nv Home Security System Review
- Protect America Home Security System Review
- Scout Alarm Home Security Review
- Scout Video Doorbell Review
- Securmate Is A Simple Scalable Security System
- SimpliSafe Home Security System Review
- The igloohome Smart Mortise Lock Is A Premium Smart Lock
- UltraloQ UL3 BT Bluetooth Enabled Fingerprint and Touchscreen Smart Lever Lock