To find out the latest and greatest in gaming gear, gaming accessories and video games, we have researched out a whole bunch of top products. We have been keeping track of all the best gaming console reviews so you don’t have to. Curious about Xbox One, Nintendo Switch or PlayStation 4 games? We’ll let you know about all the updates and latest developer news. Below you’ll find our favorite gaming devices, consoles and accessories, including headphones and related devices.
Top of 7 Best Gaming Products
#1 ASTRO Gaming A50 Headset
Award: TOP PICK
WHY WE LIKE IT: The best gaming headset in the business, with easy integration with Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC, and a fantastic lithium ion battery that gets 15 hours of use on a single charge.
- 15 hours of battery life
- Advanced audio drivers sound fantastic
- Included base allows for instantaneous voice control
- Mod kit allows further customization, but it costs extra
- Not easy to integrate with Nintendo Switch
- Somewhat stiff at first, until broken in
#2 Vertagear S-Line SL4000 Racing Series Gaming Chair
Award: HONORABLE MENTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: Best gaming chair on the market, featuring heavy duty aluminum alloy construction, an extremely comfortable seat and a highly adjustable design that is suited for most body types.
Read Full Review: Vertagear SL4000
- Best gaming chair
- Heavy duty aluminum alloy construction
- Highly adjustable to fit variety of human frames
- Requires somewhat lengthy installation
- Fairly heavy, at 45 lb
- No built-in speakers
#3 Oculus Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset
Award: BEST VR HEADSET
WHY WE LIKE IT: Stellar all-in-one VR headset that delivers on its promise to deliver PC-quality virtual reality in a budget-friendly, and cord free, package, including a pair of Oculus Touch controllers.
Read Full Review: Oculus Quest Headset
- Includes Oculus Touch controllers
- Budget-friendly, compared to Rift or Vive
- Does not need PC to function
- PC-enabled VR headsets have better resolutions
- Oculus Guardian system occasionally messes up
- Some games and apps not available
#4 Rii RK100 Gaming Keyboard
Award: BEST GAMING KEYBOARD
WHY WE LIKE IT: Features a unique membrane design that operates and feels like a mechanical keyboard, with an excellent backlight, for nighttime gaming, and a budget-friendly price point.
Read Full Review: Rii RK100
- Unique membrane design feels mechanical
- Excellent backlight
- Cannot customize lights
- Does not allow swapping of keycaps
- Wired design
#5 Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
Award: BEST GAMING MOUSE
WHY WE LIKE IT: Features a best-in-class 16,000 DPI optical sensor, translating to extreme accuracy and sensitivity, with customizable RGB lighting and a rugged scroll wheel that performs exactly as advertised.
Read Full Review: Razer DeathAdder Elite Gaming Mouse
- 16,000 DPI
- Customizable lighting
- Rugged scroll wheel
- Some models feature more programmable buttons
- Compatible with gaming consoles, but no access to software
- Wired design only
#6 Sony PlayStation 4 Slim
Award: BEST GAMING CONSOLE
WHY WE LIKE IT: The PlayStation 4 Slim is a fairly budget-friendly way to access Sony’s massive library of titles, with a 1TB hard drive built-in and shipping with the classic DualShock4 wireless controller.
- Fantastic library of titles
- 1TB hard drive
- DualShock4 wireless controller included
- Not portable, as found with Nintendo Switch
- We found the Pro model integrated better with PSVR
- Not optimized for 4K content
#7 CyberpowerPC Gamer Xtreme Gaming PC
Award: BEST GAMING PC
WHY WE LIKE IT: Extremely high quality gaming PC bundle that includes a computer with a powerful ninth generation Intel Core processor and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 graphics card, shipping with a fantastic gaming mouse and keyboard.
- Powerful NVIDIA video card
- 1 year parts and labor, lifetime tech support
- 240GB SSD and 1TB HDD
- Processor is plenty fast, but some computers have more power
- 8GB of RAM
- Generic 500 watt power supply
How We Decided
To help narrow to the above list, we took a look at nearly every aspect of gaming, placing a particular emphasis on the kinds of accessories that make it such an enjoyable hobby. We tried out a bevy of popular gaming headsets before finally picking a favorite, as we did the same for gaming keyboards, gaming chairs and other accessory types.The above products are useful for PC gamers and for console gamers alike, though there are certain exceptions. We made sure each and every product we chose featured a high build quality, often with long lasting warranties, and performed as advertised. We also tried out a handful of VR-centric accessories and consoles, as virtual reality has continued to gain a foothold in the market.As far as gaming consoles go, we ended up choosing the PlayStation 4 Slim as our favorite, though the PlayStation 4 Pro and the Nintendo Switch were also beloved by our team. The Pro offers a 4K-friendly experience that is built to enhance VR while the Nintendo Switch allows access to the company’s excellent library of content, while offering true portability.
Gaming Buying Guide
The Most Important Features to Consider
- Accessory TypeTake a moment to think what type of gaming accessory would truly enhance your experience. Are you looking for a wireless headset that has a built-in microphone? Then look no further than our top pick. Are you looking for a high quality gaming chair made from ultra-durable components? Our number two pick will be right up your alley. We also offer picks for best gaming keyboard and best gaming mouse, among others.
- Virtual RealityVirtual reality is a segment of the gaming industry that has featured extreme growth throughout the past few years. Headsets, produced by companies such as Oculus and Sony, offer an experience like no other. To that end, we made sure that the best console we picked integrated nicely with VR and we tried out all of the top headsets, eventually settling on the Oculus Quest All-in-one VR Gaming Headset as our top pick, for budgetary and ease-of-use reasons.
- Gaming Consoles and PC BuildsObviously, some of the accessories we spotlighted are more appropriate for a PC build than a gaming console, such as our picks for best gaming keyboard and best gaming mouse. On the topic of best gaming console, we ended up picking the Sony PlayStation 4 Slim due to its relative affordability and access to a stellar library of games, though the Nintendo Switch was not far behind.