A great gaming rig and game collection deserves the best gaming desk, right? If you haven’t thought much about your desk other than, “This is where my PC goes,” then it’s time to think about the ways that a desk can enhance your gamer life – or at least make it a lot less messy. If you want to look into a new kind of desk for your office instead, take a look at a standing desk.
The best kinds of gaming desks include plenty of features for storage, your the best gaming monitor, room to work, or one of our best gaming laptop picks. Of course, there are a whole lot of desks out there, and looking through them all sounds boring, so we’re helping out by collecting the best gaming desks we’ve personally found to be up to the job (and then some). These desks are a must if you love PC gaming. Check it out!
Best Gaming Desk of 2019
|Atlantic Gaming Desk||Flash Furniture Desk||Origami RDE-01|
|Materials||Steel, plastic laminate||Glass, metal||Composite wood|
|Cable Organizer Feature|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
#1 Pick Atlantic Gaming Desk
Price: $110.00 | Materials: Steel, plastic laminate | Features: Multiple stands, holders, level feet, trim plates, and more
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK Clean up your cluttered gaming life and look awesome doing it.
There aren’t too many computer desks that are specifically made for gaming. Sure, plenty have gamer-friendly features, but they aren’t built from the ground up for serious gaming…except for this one. There really isn’t much of a contest here – if you want an impressive gaming desk that does it all, then this is the top gaming desk for you.
It’s also a case of a picture being worth a thousand words. Just look at all the stands and holders this desk includes, and what they can be used for! There’s a cup holder for drinks, stands to store controllers, shelves to stash your mobile devices, room to stack physical disks, cord management for all your recharging cables, hooks for your gaming headphones…we could go on, but you get the idea. Not to mention, the desk has room for a monitor, a keyboard, and a laptop if you are truly serious about gaming your heart out. Compare this to the Arozzi Arena Gaming Desk if you want to compare with another option. If the Atlantic or the Arena gaming desk aren’t quite for you, read on to find the best gaming desk for your home.
Read Next: Best 144Hz Gaming Monitor
Note, however, the weight issues: This lightweight desk can’t get too crammed with pounds of gaming gadgets, or it may collapse. The monitor limit, for example, is 27 inches and 40 pounds. Fortunately, with today’s lightweight gaming solutions, this really isn’t much of a problem, especially if you plan to mount your monitor on the wall as some gamers tend to do. So you can use this to play the best video games, just be aware.
#2 Pick Flash Furniture Glass Computer Desk
Price: $180.00 | Materials: Tempered glass, metal | Features: Room, pullout keyboard shelf
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK:You can easily set aside a corner for both work and play.
While the Atlantic Gaming desk concentrates a whole lot of gaming features in one space, while this desk from Flash Furniture is made more for those who like to spread out and need plenty of room. It also looks a lot better when it comes to style – we appreciate the simple, elegant lines and glass tabletop appearance. While this means the desk will be a bit harder to clean than other surfaces, it’s great for those who love to organize, keep everything in its place, and see just what’s going on at any moment.
Note that the sections of the desk unhinge and can be combined in different ways. However, the desk is intended to be a corner piece, and we actually think of this as an advantage. This desk comes with whole extra table there to either keep your gaming collection on, or reserve for more serious studies and projects so you can compartmentalize work and play. Just make sure that you have enough room for this glass desk, and a good idea of where you eventually plan to put it. If you are using the best VR headsets you will want to make sure you have enough space in the room so that you don’t hurt yourself. It is very versatile whether you use it for the best gaming PC or as a workstation. If you want to compare this to a similar model, take a look at the Walker Edison to compare.
#3 Pick Origami RDE-01
Price: $90.00 | Materials: Wood composite | Features: Foldable, sturdy, space-efficient
WHY IT’S A TOP PICK: This Origami is small but strong – and cost efficient to boot.
Perhaps your idea of the best gaming desk is a little less complicated than the Atlantic, and a whole lot smaller than the Flash glass desk; then this Origami model may be exactly what you need. It’s foldable, which means you can collapse it down and move it around more easily, making it perfect for more flexible/apartment living situations. This desk is perfect if you don’t have a ton of desk space in your apartment. It’s also surprisingly strong, able to handle 250 pounds per shelf. Note also that the bottom shelf is particularly well-suited for storage, computer towers, and other important gaming components. Plus there are several different color options. So the best gaming chair would be the perfect companion.
However, while many product descriptions do say something about “wheels” that’s just talk about weight distribution. The desk doesn’t come with wheels and doesn’t need any…but if you like the idea, by a good set of casters and attach them to make everything mobile. Either way, this desk would definitely be one of the best gifts for gamers. If you still haven’t found the gaming desk for you, don’t forget about the Arozzi Arena gaming desk.
Key Indicators of a Great Gaming Desk
- Holders and Hooks: Notice that our top desk is just chock full of various holders, shelves and hooks for storage. Every good desk has space, but the best desks have storage options designed specifically to hold a variety of different gaming components that just don’t fit very well anywhere else. Remember, a gaming desk is supposed to help you get organized as well as show off all your cool stuff, and the right holders/hooks can do both jobs at once.
- Strength: Gamers tend to have a lot of weighty components that can quickly stack up. A great gaming desk needs to be able to handle the load – literally. Strong desks that can put up with the pounds are important for gamers who use multiple monitors or have stacks of books, controllers, and other components. This is actually one area where our top pick (while otherwise excellent) falls a little short, but our other best gaming desks more than make up for it.
- Keyboard Features: You need a place to store your keyboard – but also a pullout or shelf option that doesn’t get in the way of your knees and is comfortable to use. You’ll spend most of your time around the keyboard, so make sure that it’s exactly what you need.
What are the Most Important Gaming Desk Features?
- Size: There’s no particular “best size” for everyone, but size is very important based on your own needs. You need enough room to store everything you have, as well as keep your screen and components in comfortable reach. Some of these desks make the height adjustable, which may be a good choice if this desk will be used by more than one person.
- Low Cost: Fortunately, gaming desks tend to be generally lost-cost compared to many other types of desks. Our most expensive and largest model, for example, is under $200. You can actually get an excellent desk for $100, but just don’t expect it to be mahogany.
- Organizational Components:
- Materials: Material matters more to a desk than you might think. Some materials are easier to clean than others. Some look more elite, while others look more cheap. Wood, metal, glass and laminate are all common, but there’s a lot of differentiation – and you need to know where or not you can trust the pictures you see online.
- Storage: What sort of storage does a desk have, and is it enough? It needs to be, both now and for your future gaming plans. The best PC gaming desk will be able to store all of the important aspects of your online gaming.
Mistakes to Avoid
- Forgetting What You Have: It’s easy to get excited about the different setups you see online and choose a desk based solely on that factor…but it’s also dangerous. Your gaming desk needs to match what you have – including your monitor, the size of your screen, where you like to keep your current accessories, and more. Think about your own unique situation before making your final purchase.
- Ignoring Setup: Desks never come built in one piece, so you’ll have to put your best gaming desk together. This will take some time and work, especially for more complicated desks. Don’t be surprised by this, and if your tolerance for furniture-building is low, buy a simpler type of desk to put together.
- Not Considering Cables: Many model pictures only show half of the cables, or don’t have cables at all – but real life has lots of cables, and they’ll have to go somewhere. Always envision your cable management plans when picking the right desk.
What’s the Best Gaming Desk for You?
The Atlantic desk is clearly aimed at collectors who have a lot of equipment – but it’s not the prettiest solution. The Flash Furniture corner model is excellent for those who have more room and may want a more…professional appearance, as well as a space that can be used for other projects. The Origami model is almost the opposite, designed for those who are low on space and want a more portable option. Each is made for a different type of gamer, so think about yourself before you think about your best gaming desk. You may want to also measure out your space, so you can be aware of how many inches wide you need your desk to be. And on a final note, don’t overlook the best standing desks money can buy. While they might seem like a fatigue inducing option, they can be quite the opposite.
Also why not check out: