To help you find the best electric fat tire bike, we checked out a multitude of ebikes, researching to ensure they featured best-in-class fat tires that could handle multiple terrain types and offered a smooth and stable ride. We also enjoyed fat bikes with powerful motors that could reach a decent maximum speed and those that included long-lasting batteries that allowed for lengthy riding sessions. Read on and select the best electric bike that you can comfortably use to navigate your neighborhood.
The best electric fat tire bike that we researched was easily the Aceshin 26” Electric Fat Bike. This best electric bike features a 21-speed transmission system, front, and rear disc brakes, and a lithium-ion battery that can get more than 30 miles of use of a single charge. Keep reading to learn more about other high-quality electric fat tire bikes available for purchase.
Top 9 Electric Fat Tire Bike
#1 DJ Bikes Electric Fat Tire Bike
Award: BEST FOR HILLS
WHY WE LIKE IT: Integrated Bafang 750 watt motor, upgradable to 1000w, that absolutely excels on steep inclines, with an attractive and durable aluminum alloy frame and a large seat cushion for comfort.
- Motor upgradeable to 1000w
- Attractive and durable aluminum alloy frame
- Large cushion saddle is comfortable
- Firmware must be configured to adjust top speed
- Load capacity 275 lb
The DJ Bikes Electric Fat Tire Bike is a beast when it comes to climbing steep inclines, such as hills, thanks to a built-in Bafang 750w motor. This motor is upgradable to 1000w, making it a fantastic choice for a fat tire electric bike of 1000w. This bike also offers a smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to an extra-large cushioned saddle and a durable aluminum alloy frame. This frame is also aesthetically pleasing, so you’ll look great as you conquer hills and trails.
The firmware on this mountain bike mandates speeds no higher than 20 miles per hour, but the motor is capable of going much faster. That’s comparable to one of the best kids mountain bikes. But to unlock this feature you’ll need to do some firmware rejiggering. Additionally, the maximum load capacity here is 275 pounds, which may not suit consumers of all body shapes.
WHY WE LIKE IT: High-quality fat tire bike filled to the brim with desirable features, such as a powerful 500-watt-48-volt Bafang electric motor, dual hydraulic Tektro disc brakes, and a 27-speed Shimano tourney gear system.
- Dual hydraulic Tektro disc brakes
- 27-speed Shimano tourney gear system
- LCD display with integrated USB charger
- 30 miles on a single charge
- Load capacity 250 lb
The Emojo Cougar Electric Fat Tire Bike is of exceptional quality, with a welded aluminum frame and a 27-speed Shimano tourney gear system which makes short work out of a wide variety of terrain types. We loved the safety and control offered by the dual hydraulic Tektro brakes and the full suspension frame with rear pivot linkage capabilities. This fat tire bike also comes with an integrated LCD display that shows a number of useful metrics in addition to offering a USB port for charging smartphones and the like.
Though the 48V/10.4 Ah lithium battery receives a charge quickly, in just a few hours, it only gets around 30 miles of use out of a single charge. Also, the 500w brushless motor has plenty of get-up-and-go, particularly when it comes to acceleration and inclines, but the max load capacity it can handle is 250 pounds, which may not suit consumers of all body types. This is still one of the best bikes in the business.
#3 ReAspire Electric Fat Tire Bike
Award: BEST SHOCKS
WHY WE LIKE IT: Includes best-in-class pneumatic shocks that can easily handle the kinds of bumps found while riding through difficult terrain types, with a long-lasting battery that gets 55 miles on a single charge.
- Double-disc hydraulic brakes
- Battery gets 55 miles on a single charge
- 750w brushless motor can go up to 28 MPH
- Mobile phone holder is slightly flimsy
- Requires a couple hours of installation
The ReAspire Electric Fat Tire Bike includes integrated pneumatic shocks, which nearly eliminate the vibrations caused by debris and bumps. These shocks, combined with the 26” fat tires, make this electric bicycle excel on nearly any terrain type, including snow and sand. The Yan Hao double-disc hydraulic brakes can stop on a dime, even while riding on wet roads, and the 750w brushless motor can reach high speeds of up to 28 miles per hour.
This fat tire bike does feature a useful LCD display complete with a USB port for the purpose of charging a smartphone. It also includes a smartphone holder atop the right handlebar, though we found it to be somewhat flimsy. Additionally, this ebike does not come fully installed, requiring the user to install the wheels, handles, seat, and pedals. The whole process was fairly fuss-free but did take a few hours, but while at it, you might as well consider the best bike lock for safety.
#4 Ecotric Folding Electric Fat Tire Bike
Award: BEST VALUE
WHY WE LIKE IT: Value-friendly electric fat tire bike with a suite of nifty features, including a 500-watt brushed gear motor, max speed 20 MPH, and the ability to fold into a compact shape for easy storage.
- Shimano external 7-speed gear
- Folds for easy storage and transport
- 500 watt brushed gear motor
- 20” tires excel on pavement, but not perfect for offroading
- 23 miles per charge, though battery recharges quickly
This Ecotric fat tire electric bike comes in at a value-conscious price point while still offering plenty of bang for your buck. It boasts a folding design, so it can easily be stuffed in a car trunk or closet when not in use. We loved the Shimano 7-speed gear, which helps to maintain a smooth ride no matter the terrain type, and the 500 watt brushed gear motor, which accelerates quickly and boasts a max speed of 20 miles per hour.
Though the 20” tires excel on pavement and flat mountain roads, they don’t do so well on debris-laden trails. Also, the battery can be removed without much fuss, but maxes out at 23 miles per charge, despite boasting a relatively quick recharge time. Best sure to check out our list of the best ebike for hills.
#5 Ancheer Professional Electric Fat Tire Bike
Award: BEST ON A BUDGET
WHY WE LIKE IT: Budget-friendly fat tire bike with plenty of high-end features, including a durable frame made from carbon steel and aluminum alloy which can accommodate riders up to 330 pounds.
- Carbon steel and aluminum alloy frame
- 21-speed transmission system and dual-disc brakes
- 330 lb load capacity
- Max speed 15 MPH
- Battery range around 22 miles
This Ancheer Professional Electric Fat Tire Bike comes in at a budget-friendly price point while offering several features in line with higher-priced competitors, including a 21-speed transmission system and dual-disc brakes along the front and rear of the bike. We loved the carbon steel and aluminum alloy frame, which can hold up to 330 pounds, and the bright LED headlight.
Though the 250w motor is adequate at handling hills and steep inclines, we found the max speed to be around 15 miles per hour, which is on the lower end. Also, the battery is easily removable, but can only go around 22 miles on a single charge, which can raise or lower slightly depending on the weight of the rider. Also, take a look at our best electric hunting bike buying guide list.
#6 Swagtron EB-8 Outlaw Fat Tire Electric Bike
Award: MOST COMPACT
WHY WE LIKE IT: Not only is this fat tire bike light, at just over 50 lb, but it features a foldable design, making it easy to store and transport. The Shimano 7-gear transmission ensures smooth riding across a variety of terrain.
- Front, rear, and pedal reflectors for night riding
- Shimano 7-gear transmission
- Proprietary technology ensures motor powers off while braking
- Max speed 18 MPH and max range 21 miles
- Recommended rider height maxes out at 5’10”
The Swagtron EB-8 Outlaw Fat Tire Electric Bike features a folding design that easily transforms into a compact form factor for storage and transport. We loved how light this folding e bike is, 55 pounds despite a hearty aluminum frame, and the Shimano 7-gear transmission which makes short work out of nearly any terrain type, assisted by a high-quality front and rear suspension system. This is also an exceptionally safe electric bicycle, with front, rear, and pedal deflectors and proprietary “Autoguard” technology that ensures the motor powers off each time you use the brakes.
Though the 350w motor does a decent job with acceleration and handling steep hills, it does max out at 18 miles per hour and the lithium-ion battery only gets around 21 miles per charge. Also, the recommended rider height maxes out at 5’10”, which may not suit all body types. For those who enjoy the outdoors read our buying guide on the best off road electric bikes.
#7 Ancheer Sunshine Electric Fat Tire Bike
Award: MOST DURABLE
WHY WE LIKE IT: Highly durable design, with an aluminum alloy frame, double-walled rims, and a high-strength front suspension fork, in addition to a throttle that excels with acceleration and a battery that can get 40 miles per charge.
- Throttle excels with acceleration and hills
- 21-speed gear system great for all terrain types
- 40 miles per charge
- Requires some assembly
- Max speed 20 MPH
The Ancheer Sunshine Electric Fat Tire Bike is an extremely durable model, with an aluminum alloy frame, double-walled tire rims, and a high-strength front suspension fork. We loved the twist throttle design, which allows for quick acceleration from a traffic light and easy climbing, and the removable lithium-ion battery, allowing for 40 miles of use per charge. The 21-speed gear system also assists with this ebike’s climbing ability and allows it to function nicely across a wide variety of terrains.
This fat tire bike does come mostly assembled, but still requires a couple of hours to get it roadworthy. Additionally, the 350w motor can only reach a maximum speed of 20 miles per hour, which is decent but lower than some comparable ebikes. For the more casual riders, also consider some of the best electric beach cruiser bikes.
#8 Nakto Fat Tire Electric Bike
Award: BEST FOR NIGHT RIDING
WHY WE LIKE IT: Extremely bright LED headlight and taillight make this the ideal choice for night riding, with a powerful and waterproof motor design that can reach speeds of up to 25 MPH.
- High-strength carbon steel frame
- Waterproof brushless motor can reach 25 MPH
- Integrated basket for transporting goods
- Max load capacity 250 lb
- Battery gets around 20 miles per charge
This Nakto Fat Tire Electric Bike is fantastic for night riding, thanks to an ultra-bright LED headlamp and equally bright tail light. The motor is encased in a waterproof shell, allowing this electric bicycle to adequately function during a rainstorm, and can easily reach speeds up to 25 miles per hour. We also loved the high-strength carbon steel frame, which is ultra-durable, and the large integrated front-facing basket.
Though the 250w motor reaches a maximum speed that belies its relatively low-powered specification, it can only handle riders up to 250 pounds, so take that into consideration. Also, we found the lithium battery only netted around 20 miles of use per charge and takes six hours to reach a maximum charge, though it is rated for 1,500 cycles. And then there are also the best ebike for heavy riders, great for those with larger builds. On the other hand, if you desire an ebike to transport goods, read our best electric cargo bikes guide.
#9 Aceshin 26” Electric Fat Tire Bike
We’re sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock
Award: TOP PICK
WHY WE LIKE IT: Fantastic fat tire ebike design with large 26” tires that excel on multiple surface types, a robust battery pack that gets more than 30 miles on a single charge, and safety-enhancing features like a bright LED headlamp and an aluminum alloy frame.
Read Full Review: Aceshin 26
- More than 30 miles on single charge
- Bright LED headlamp and horn for safety
- High-carbon aluminum alloy frame is ultra-durable
- Analog display can be frustrating
- Max speed 18 MPH
The Aceshin 26” Electric Fat Bike is a great all-around ebike perfect for road riding with a fantastic lithium-ion battery that can get more than 30 miles of use out of a single charge and reaches a maximum charge in just four hours. We loved the 26-inch fat tires, which excel across a variety of terrain types and offer superior stability, and the high-carbon aluminum alloy frame. The bright LED headlamp and integrated horn add some points to this fat tire bike’s safety rating.
This is not the fastest fat tire electric bike, however, as the 250w brushless gear motor maxes out at 18 miles per hour. Additionally, the integrated analog power display can be confusing to read and occasionally frustrating to interact with. But it’s stability and frame is commendable, just like with the best adult tricycle.
#10 Addmotor Motan Electric Fat Tire Tricycle
We’re sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock
Award: HONORABLE MENTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: Perfect for transporting groceries or completing similar errands, thanks to a stable three-wheel design, ultra-large tires that excel across a wide variety of terrain types, and large front and rear bins for storage.
- Large front and rear bins for storage
- Battery gets 65 miles on single charge
- Ultra-large tires excel on snow, sand, and trails
- Taillight requires AA batteries (not included)
- No rear suspension
This Addmotor fat tire electric bike has three wheels, with a tricycle design that offers superior stability and an ultra-smooth ride. The large front and rear bins are perfect for transporting groceries or small appliances and the lithium-ion battery can actually get 65 miles of use out of a single charge, which is fantastic. We also loved the versatility of the 24-inch fat tires, which excel on snow, beaches, and trails, in addition to traditional asphalt and cement.
Though this is one of the best fat tire electric bikes for sale, it does not feature rear suspension, which could impact stability for some riders. Also, the tail light requires AA batteries in order to function, and the light output is on the dimmer side. All in all, this is one of the best electric bikes around.
How We Decided
To help narrow down to the above list, we took great care to ensure that these electric bikes featured fat tires, often 24 or 26 inches, that could easily handle a wide variety of terrain types, including snow, trails, beaches, and garden variety roads and sidewalks. To that end, we liked ebikes with high-grade shocks and suspension systems, so as to allow peddling over debris and bumps without much fanfare.
Motors were also extremely important. We admired high-quality brushless motors that were powerful enough to reach at least 20 miles per hour and versatile enough to handle steep inclines with ease. Battery range was also of utmost concern, as we tended to approve of lithium-ion batteries that offered a large maximum range capacity, as much as 65 miles per charge. We also liked batteries that reached a recharge quickly, in just a few hours.
These are fat tire bikes and intended for trails and semi-difficult terrains. To that end, we placed importance on safety features and considerations. We liked electric bicycles with hydraulic disc brakes and those made from ultra-durable components, such as carbon steel or aluminum alloy. Other safety features include bright LED headlamps and integrated horns. Finally, we liked additional features, such as LCD displays, USB ports, and storage baskets.
Best Electric Fat Tire Bike Buyer’s Guide
The Most Important Features to Consider
You are going to want a motor that not only offers a decent maximum speed of at least 20 miles per hour, but enough oomph to easily ascend steep inclines, such as hills. Therefore, have a look at our NAKTO fat tire electric bike review, which can go 25mph.
- The powerful motor combined with these wider tires helps trail riders navigate rocky and dirt road terrains more easily. Look for motors that can go fast and those that can accommodate large load capacities.
- Some electric fat tire bikes can handle as much as 360 pounds, which is not just for riders but includes anything you are transporting as well, if your riding style includes hauling heavy cargo around.
- These bikes are available with rear hub motors and geared hub motors, in addition to featuring mid-drive. Electric mountain bikes tend to have mid-drive motors, which offer better weight distribution to make riding on rough terrain and the steepest hills easier.
- These chunky tires can also help you not sink on sandy beaches and improve your beach riding experience. With urban riding on paved roads, a hub motor will be a more affordable option, isn’t as complex as mid-drives, and they get the job done. So, as you’re reviewing motor power and weight capacity, make sure you choose the perfect outdoor activity for the bike type you buy.
Battery life and range are extremely important considerations while shopping for an electric fat tire bike or an electric mountain bike.
- You are going to want a battery that boasts a maximum range of at least 20 miles or so and may want to invest in a battery that can go twice or three times that, as you never know just where a winding trail will end up.
- Look for batteries that are quick-charging and fully removable, the latter making them easy to charge at home or at the office.
- Ebike battery repair should also be a consideration before buying, as e-bikes will need periodic maintenance to keep them running properly.
- So, make sure you compare any electric mountain bike vs cargo bike before deciding on one.
- Safety Features
These fat tire bikes are intended for use across a wide variety of terrain types, so you’ll want to make sure the safety features are up to snuff.
- Though these are powerful, wide tires, you’ll need to brake every so often, so look for ebikes with hydraulic disc brakes that achieve plenty of stopping power, even on wet roads, and those with large luminous LED headlamps, for night riding.
- If you’re curious about what is an ebike, you’ll need to read on them first before buying one.
- You may also want to ensure the frame is of a solid build, just in case you experience a minor accident. For another bike with similar safety features, check out our review of the Surface 604 Rook.