We spent the past 48 hours going over some reputable brands to bring you the best dual monitor stands you can purchase online. Out of the 21 products we reviewed, we shortened our list to just eight stands that met our quality standards since this is a key part of setting up dual monitors in a reliable way. All of these stands are heavy-duty and can support over 20lbs of weight per mount, and they’re all relatively easy to handle. The best monitor stand makes it easier to view your content. But, if the stand isn’t correctly installed, it can cause issues, such as your monitor turning black while gaming or cutting into your monitor’s power cable.
The Fully Jarvis Dual Monitor Arm is our top pick thanks to its impressive adjustability, wide range of motion, and extensive warranty compared to the rest of our favorites. Read on to find out more about it and the rest of our curated choices. We’ve also compiled a list of the best monitors you can try today!
Top 8 Dual Monitor Stands
#1 Fully Jarvis Dual Monitor Arm
Award: TOP PICK
- Extensive adjustability and customization
- Wide range of motion
- 15-year warranty
- Expensive price tag
The Fully Jarvis Dual Monitor Arm is a highly adjustable and stylish monitor mount that is great for consumers who want to improve the ergonomics and appearance of their workspace that includes two monitors. It allows users to easily adjust the position and orientation of two displays to a variety of positions, including portrait and landscape orientation, giving a consumer endless customization options of their monitors’ positions. The arms are made of high-grade steel and have a weight capacity of 19.8 pounds per monitor, making it suitable for most monitors on the market. It also has a cable management system to help keep cords organized and out of sight.
This dual monitor mount comes with a 15-year warranty, which covers defects in materials and workmanship, so you’ll be covered for over a decade. Overall, the Fully Jarvis Dual Monitor Arm is a reliable and versatile choice for consumers looking to upgrade their monitor setup.
#2 VIVO Dual LCD Monitor Stand
Award: HONORABLE MENTION
WHY WE LIKE IT: This stand is very easy to install and compatible with almost every modern monitor thanks to its 100x100mm and 75x75mm VESA brackets and C-clamps for mounting. A great choice for when you want to maximize your desk space without compromising monitor stability.
- Excellent compatibility (dual-arm VESA mounts)
- Rigid frame
- High weight tolerance
- Individual mount heights not adjustable
The VIVO Dual Monitor Stand has a sturdy frame made of steel. You can mount it on desk edges that are up to 4” thick thanks to its robust and adjustable C-clamp. The arms can easily support up to 22-lb monitors with 13-27” screens, giving you peace of mind as you use your computer. Stand height and monitor orientation can be adjusted. Plus, it has detachable VESA brackets for universal mounting, making it the perfect setup for your premiere business monitor.
Mounting your monitor is a popular option, but will you opt for mounting if you have two monitors? Check out the difference between two monitors vs ultrawide, and then you can decide which one to mount instead.
Related: For those who prefer to use a curved display unit, you may check the best-curved monitors available for sale.
This dual monitor stand outshines the rest in terms of modularity, durability, and weight tolerance. It’s great for programmers and digital artists who need more desk space but also for general use. You can use it for the best 4K gaming monitor.
#3 VIVO Articulating Dual Stand
Award: BEST BUDGET
WHY WE LIKE IT: This is another great option if you’re looking for one of the best dual monitor setups. This stand is durable, effortlessly adjustable, and compatible with almost every monitor with 100x100mm or 75x75mm VESA mounts. It pairs perfectly with the leading photo editing monitor.
- Very stable & flexible
- Might be tricky to tighten
- Holds 14.3 lbs per arm
This VIVO Articulating stand is a very close competitor to our top pick for the same reasons that made it so good. It has a 14.3 lb. weight limit, but its flexibility makes it amazing. You’ll be able to adjust each long monitor arm in almost every direction, allowing for the maximum range of movement.
You’ll need the extra space, especially if you’re using one of the high-end ultrawide gaming monitors on your mount.
Related: Check out the best FreeSync gaming monitors.
This is perfect for programmers and artists who need to quickly change their monitor’s orientation. Each mount is compatible with 100x100mm and 75x75mm VESA mounts, and the stand itself is attachable via a grommet bracket. Check out our guide on VESA standard mounts if you’re wondering what is VESA for a monitor. The best 144Hz gaming monitor will be more useful when using this.
#4 WALI Free-Standing Dual LCD Monitor Stand
Award: BEST FREE-STANDING
WHY WE LIKE IT: This pick’s free-standing design and flexibility make it the best dual monitor stand for corner desks. It even comes with an optional bracket mount for extra stability and VESA mounts for standard measurements.
- Best for corner desks
- Detachable VESA plates
- Highly sturdy
- May scratch easily
This monitor stand uses the more traditional free-standing design typically seen in single-monitor stands, making it more viable for all sorts of surfaces. The stand is still stable despite the design, but its stability relies more on how steady the surface it’s standing on is. However, it does come with a grommet bracket to combat this dilemma.
The mount is equipped with detachable VESA plates and is made of high-grade steel and aluminum. It can hold up to 22lbs of weight in each arm. It is perfect for the best monitor for video editing.
#5 Suptek Dual LCD Stand
Award: BEST VERTICAL STAND
WHY WE LIKE IT: A dual monitor stand with a unique vertical monitor positioning that allows for creative screen positions that are otherwise impossible to achieve on horizontal monitors. Great for programmers, artists, and other creative uses.
- 360-degree horizontal rotation
- Stable free-standing base
- Integrated tool and cable holders
- Style is not for everyone
Suptek’s dual monitor stand is unique compared to our other picks because it has a vertical monitor orientation instead of the more common horizontal one. It sports two VESA mounts placed on top of each other on an adjustable steel pole. Each mount can be rotated 360 degrees, and swiveled and tilted at a +/- 45-degree angle.
It has a free-standing base with an optional grommet bracket. Overall, it’s a great dual monitor stand for 27” screens and even comes with a hardware kit for worry-free installations. The vertical orientation of monitors may not be for everyone, but it opens up many options for creative uses in digital art or even video games. Pair it with a top-rated gaming monitor for optimal gameplay with your gaming console. Games will be great on this with the best 240hz gaming monitor.
#6 The Office Oasis Large Dual Stand
Award: BEST DESK STAND
WHY WE LIKE IT: A wide table-like monitor stand meant to elevate existing monitors to a more comfortable level. This stand is a more practical and stylish approach to rising monitor height and requires no installation.
- No installation needed
- Adjustable height
- Non-slip feet
- Large footprint
The Office Oasis stand elevates desktop monitors and improves user posture. It’s a sleek mini-desk that’s 42” long and 10” wide. The surface is made with bamboo, a more sustainable alternative to other types of wood.
It can comfortably support a 34” screen, and the bamboo surface is tough enough to carry the weight. It’s quite long, however, so be sure to have ample space for it. This desk stand comes in three designs: black, brown, and natural. If you’re interested in wall-mounted monitor arms aside from monitor stands, make sure you learn how to mount a monitor if you’re assembling it yourself.
#7 HUANUO Dual Arm Stand
Award: BEST QUALITY
WHY WE LIKE IT: A stylish monitor stand that’s optimized to help improve user posture while working. Each arm is equipped with a gas spring system that makes adjustments smoother and easier, and universal VESA mounts for all monitor types.
- Smooth and effortless adjustments
- Highly easy to set up
- Universal compatibility
- Relatively pricey
This is a top-of-the-line dual monitor stand that’s optimized for durability and user comfort. Each dual monitor arm is equipped with standard VESA mounts and a unique gas spring system along the joints, allowing for very fine monitor adjustments. These arms have such a broad range of motion that you can adjust the arms to become a sidearm for a different side of your desk, which is useful for sharing information or a piece of work with a team member or client. Being able to tilt up or down the viewing angle of the computer monitors helps immensely, too, in case you have a standing desk in your office space and therefore need to change the computer screen angle to see it better.
Monitors up to 27” long can comfortably fit in each arm without causing any collisions, so if you want to use this stand for two 24-inch monitor models, you’re good. And unlike our other picks, this stand can be mounted via a C-clamp or grommet mount, allowing users to select which type of mount is more fitting for the situation. The power cable management system will also simplify your life and give you fewer headaches. Overall, the HUANUO is a great dual computer monitor stand set that’s worth the price and transforms your experience in your office space for the better. If collaboration and sharing your setup with others is a big part of your office space, you might want to check out the best monitor with speakers so sharing your screen and audio is a quality experience.
#8 Hemudu Single Monitor Stand
Award: BEST SINGLE STAND
WHY WE LIKE IT: This stand can support up to 32” monitors with 50mm, 75mm, or 100mm mounting holes, making it the best monitor arm for ultrawide screens. Having two of these can allow for extra versatility in your PC setup.
- Best budget
- Supports up to 32” monitors
- Can bear up to 77 lbs
- For single monitors only
The Hemudu stand is a special case in this list. It’s designed for single stands, but its very high weight tolerance and widescreen support make it the ideal candidate for large dual-screen setups.
Its adjustable bracket can be tilted, swiveled, and rotated like other mounts, but it can support screens from 13-32” wide. It can also hold an impressive maximum weight of 77lbs. Getting two of these can allow for some truly awesome desktop setups, especially for gamers who pin visual quality as a very high priority.
How We Decided
For this list of the best dual monitor stands, we included those that struck the right balance between stability and comfort so users can focus on their work or enjoy their free time in front of their computers. If you’re a beginner at the idea of using two displays, check out our guide to the benefits of dual monitors for your needs.
We factored in each stand’s weight tolerance and mount types for stability. We observed that many stands can support up to 20lbs of weight, while some go beyond, holding up to 22lbs and above. We decided to set 20lbs as our minimum during the selection process to ensure that a very wide variety of monitors can be installed on the stands we pick.
We also put a premium on the type of mount on each stand. Grommet/C-clamp mounts offer better stability than free-standing mounts, so we picked the products that are primarily held up by such. We also found free-standing mounts with optional grommet brackets to maximize stability.
Monitor articulation was also something we considered. We selected stands that can be easily swiveled and tilted according to your preferences. Most stands we chose to allow for a 360-degree horizontal rotation and a +/- 45-degree vertical tilt angle, easily accommodating people of all heights.
Lastly, we considered the stands’ installation. We included only those with VESA brackets for maximum monitor compatibility.
Best Dual Monitor Stand Buyers’ Guide
The Most Important Features to Consider
- Articulation and adjustability
While shopping for the best dual monitor arms or the best dual monitor mount, you’ll want to make sure to keep adjustability in mind. If you can’t adjust even the top-rated dual monitor arm for comfortable viewing pleasure, then it’s not one of the ideal monitor stands for you.
- Adjustability refers to how easily you can adjust your stand’s strong monitor arms and swivels. It’s a nice perk to have multiple adjustment options on your stand, like swivel movement, adjustable base, and height adjustments.
- As a matter of fact, the best dual monitor setup will have a sturdy monitor arm that is adjustable and has good weight support.
- Knowing that, it’s important to opt for strong dual monitor mounts that let you turn your monitors vertically or horizontally, rotated in 360 degrees, or with customizable angles, all according to your workstation. These may seem like unnecessary additional features at first if you have no physical pain yet from desk work, but investing in good, comfortable posture can have positive, long-lasting effects.
- Having that wide range of adjustability can help the monitor screen adapt to your body position at your desk. If you’re looking for the best monitor mount or a top monitor stand, consider a product that offers tilt, height, and swivel adjustments to make sure you have an ergonomic workspace.
- For example, you can avoid neck strain while looking at your larger monitors. Especially if you’ve invested in the best monitor for reading documents and are reading for many hours, your posture is important. Preventing awkward posture and neck discomfort early on can make a big impact on your long-term health. More adjustability can result in higher prices, while less customization tends to be the more affordable option.
- So, it’s vital to have great dual monitor arms, especially if you use an adjustable standing desk.
- As you shop for the best monitor stands for 2 monitors, having this range of motion in the arms allows you to adjust the viewing angle, which makes getting work done easier and less distracting.
- Mount type
The best monitor mount for 2 monitors (aka dual monitor stands) comes in C-clamp, grommet bracket, or free-standing options. Desk clamps and brackets offer better stability with a modern design, but they need to be attached to the edge of your desk. There are smaller mounts available for your smaller devices to attach to the side of your monitor via a clip, like your smartphone.
- That can also save you a bit of space on your desk, and combined with dual monitor stands, you’ll get so much more desktop space in your office setup, like enough room to put a laptop that can be placed on a laptop riser to serve as a third monitor at eye height.
- On the other hand, free stands can be placed on any surface, but their stability will depend largely on the platform it’s placed on. But, for those looking for a more reliable and secure option, the best dual-arm monitor mount is an excellent solution
- For the best dual monitor setup, a sturdy monitor arm or wall mount will provide a solid foundation to support your monitors while allowing you to adjust the monitor’s height and angle for maximum ergonomic comfort.
- In short, whichever top dual monitor desk mount that you get, make sure you know how you’ll want to mount it. By mounting it at the proper height and distance so you create an ergonomic setup, you’ll prevent eye strain and poor posture.
- There are many options for the best monitor mount or the best monitor stand, so make sure you do your research and pick the one that fits your needs.
- Monitor Compatibility
Before picking a stand, it’s important to consider what monitor you’ll attach to it. Take a look at a monitor’s weight and size (usually inches in size), and check if a single monitor arm can support it.
- This is especially important if at least one monitor size is as large as 34 inches, like the best Thunderbolt monitor. So keep that in mind with whatever size of monitor you have, whether you have a 10-inch display, 27-inch monitor, etc., for your desk setup.
- Double-check the maximum weight capacity, especially if you’re considering a freestanding mount versus a wall-mounted stand.
- If your monitor is a touchscreen, make sure the stand is sturdy and durable enough to withstand consistent tapping and touch pressure.
- Also, consider a stand with VESA mounts to make mounting monitors easier. With a VESA mount, you’ll be able to quickly find the best dual-arm monitor mount for your needs.
Based on the type of mount you have also affects how easy it is to set up. Free stand mounts require little to no installation, while C-clamps and grommet brackets require a bit more effort to install properly with all the screws, the wall, and dealing with the screw holes on the back of the monitor. VESA mounts simply require monitors to be screwed onto the mount to be attached, which can be a 10-min setup process, though this can be worth it if you have a heavier monitor. Wall mounts get more support from being connected to wall studs versus desk-mounted stands so they can handle the heaviest monitors. Plus you may want to consider a dual monitor wall mount to give yourself extra storage space around your desk.
- Though it’s not necessary, a quality power cable management system does help improve the appearance of your computer setup. In a perfect world, the ideal solution would be to just have all wireless and cordless products, but cords are part of reality for now. Organizing your system’s cords, they won’t hang everywhere and risk tripping someone, so a decent cable management system would definitely be a plus.