If you are looking for a 4k UHD projector for entertainment like watching streaming content or gaming, the BenQ HT2150ST gaming projector is a good choice. If you want a projector for watching movies, you might want to consider five of the best home theater projectors instead. It has an excellent contrast rate and plenty of brightness for gamers. The BenQ HT2150ST 1080p Projector also has a super low input lag for superior gaming performance, worthy of our best projector list.
The BenQ HT2150ST’s low input lag and an excellent contrast rate of 15,000:1 makes it perfect for movies and games. You can create a 100-inch display at a short throw distance of only 5 feet.
Is The BenQ HT2150ST Worth It?
Who needs a TV when you have 4k projectors like this one for your home?
It isn’t always easy to play video games on projectors. This can be because the input lag is high or the brightness isn’t bright enough. There’s usually something stopping it from being a perfect video game projector. That is not the case with the BenQ HT2150ST 1080p projector. You can expect very low lag times.
BenQ HT2150ST Projector Design
For the most part, modern projectors all share the same design of being a rounded rectangle with a lens, some buttons, and inputs in the back. This projector bucks that trend by being a bit sleeker than most. The design is a step above the competition. It has the usual buttons on top for easy control and adjusting the settings.
It has builtin speakers, but like most of these projectors, it isn’t great. You will want to add your own speaker system.
BenQ HT2150ST Connectivity
So what can you connect to this projector? It actually has decent connectivity options. There are two HDMI ports, one that supports MHL for mobile devices. There’s also a VGA input, an RS-232 port and a 12v trigger, and two 3.5mm audio jacks.
This BenQ DLP projector HT2150ST comes with a native 1080p Full HD image quality with 2200 ANSI lumens, 15,000:1 contrast ratio, a 6x RGBRGB color wheel for rich and vivid colors and details that are calibrated perfectly for movies and gaming. Short throw projection allows you to project a 100 inch screen from just 3 feet away and it will project up to 300 inches. That will immerse you in your favorite games for sure, for an amazing gaming experience.
Low input lag and unique game modes make sure that your gaming session is ultra-smooth and reduces motion blur. There’s also vertical keystone correction and a 1.2x zoom and it boasts an excellent contrast rate of 15,000:1. The quiet fan is also a big plus in this DLP projector.
This gaming projector has some of the clearest and crisp details I’ve seen from a short throw projector in some time. And it is awesome to be able to get a very large image size from such a short throw distance. Whether you are watching movies or games, this home theater projector delivers a sharp and bright vivid picture. The brightness and color vibrancy makes it an ideal pick for entertainment. It is near perfection when gaming, with accurate color.
This 1080p gaming projector is the ideal choice for gamers, sports or movie watchers and is a great addition to your home theater. BenQ is known for its quality home cinema projectors and they have done it again. This projector for gaming will not disappoint. It delivers a superb smooth game picture with or without a projector screen. It is far better than using a gaming monitor.
Also why not check out:
- BenQ HT3050 3D DLP Home Theater Projector Review
- BenQ HT3050 Review Roundup
- BenQ i500 Mobile LED Projector Review
- BenQ MS517 SmartEco Projector Review
- BenQ TK800M Projector Review
- BenQ W1500 Digital Projector Home Cinema Series Review
- Best Projector for 2016
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 1440 Projector Review
- Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5040UB 3LCD Projector Review
- How Do Projectors Work? Learn Everything You Need to Know
- How To Connect Your Laptop To a Projector With HDMI
- LG’s PF1000U Short Throw Projector Displays a 100-inch Image with just 15-inches
- Optoma HD142X Review Roundup
- Optoma HD27 3D DLP Projector Review
- Optoma HD29Darbee 1080P Projector Review
- Projector vs TV: Key Differences and Similarities
- Short Throw vs. Long Throw Projectors: What’s the Difference?
- Sony LSFPX-P1 is a Versatile Projector to Use Around the House
- Sony VPL-HW40ES Projector Video Review: Blacks are the New White
- The BenQ HT1070A is an Improved, Highly Capable Home Projector
- Yamaha YSP-1400 Digital Sound Projector Review