Note: Sorry, YouTube removed the video :(.
Motorcycle accidents are no joke. One mistimed turn, one inattentive driver, and you’ll hit something very heavy, very quickly, with no protection. But, occasionally, somebody lucks out, like this motorcyclist who dodges severe injury by being acrobatic.
Stick The Landing
This happens, of course, in the land of the dashcam, Russia. Russia has a terrible insurance and court system, so the more evidence you have of an accident, the more likely you are to not be thrown under the bus in order for some jerk to avoid responsibility. Hence, there are dashcams everywhere, giving the country a reputation for weird stuff happening on the roads. Admittedly, that video above is just one of them.
Flip And Slide
Essentially, the cyclist does something stupid that no cyclist should do, and tries to weave around cars in slow traffic. If he’d pulled off the correct technique, he would have slipped through the vehicles and been on his merry way.
Instead, he rear-ended a car. Usually, this doesn’t end well for the cyclist; they get thrown over the car and often hit by it, often fatally. Here, though, he hits the car, he goes for the flip… and he sticks the landing on the roof of the car, probably denting it but largely seemingly landing with his health and well-being intact.
We want to emphasize that A) this cyclist was insanely lucky and not be emulated and B) he never would have risked his life in the first place if he’d just followed the traffic laws like a normal, sane person. But, on the other hand, if you’re going to wipe out, damage somebody’s car, and generally spend six months in court being ordered to pay for their repairs, at least you’ve got something you can brag about out of the deal, Russian guy.
Also why not check out:
- 2010 T-Rex 14R: A Motorcycle In A Car’s Body
- A Real Flying Bike Just Like in “Return of the Jedi” (video)
- Avtoros Shaman, Because ATVs Need Eight Wheels
- Batman-Inspired Motorcycle Helmet
- Beartek moto Gloves Review
- Bell Star Carbon Motorcycle Helmet Weighs 3lbs, Looks Badass
- Best Electric Motorcycle for Kids
- Captain America Motorcycle Suit
- Confederate X132 Hellcat Motorcycle Costs $50,000, Includes Carbon Fiber Wheels
- Custom XS750 Motorcycle by Spirit of the Seventies is All Rock and Roll (pics)
- Dark Knight Motorcycle Suit (video)
- Dashlink Harley Davidson iPhone Dock
- DPS Airbag System Provides Motorcycle Riders Ultimate Safety
- Drivable Tron Light Cycle Bike Sells for $77,000
- Ducati Debuts The Multistrada D-Air Motorcycle Airbag
- Ducati Monster Diesel
- Electric Dual Seat Tricycle
- Forcefield Pro Sub 4 Back Protector Hands On and Review (video)
- G4 Motorcycle, I Probably Shouldn’t Even Bother Asking
- Hovding Inflatable Motorcycle Helmet
- Hubless Motorcycle Looks Surreal (video)
- Jet Around The Galaxy With The Stormtrooper Motorcycle Suit
- LCD Touchscreen Powered Vespa
- Lean Mean Green Machine Motorcycle
- LiveMap: A Helmet-Mounted Display For The Motorcyclist
- NECA Motorcyle Halo Helmet is Ready for the Streets
- Predator Motorcycle Helmut Safety Gear Never Looked So Bad Ass (video)
- Real Life Tron Motorbike, Yours For $55K (video)
- Roskva Electric Motorcycle
- See it to Believe It: Motorcycle Outfitted with a 9-cylinder Airplane Engine (video)
- Snaefell: The Ultimate Motorcycle Side Car
- T3 Motion’s R3 Electric Vehicle Seats Two Like a Car But has a Motorcycle Status (video)
- The Auto Moto Zooms To The US, 3 Wheels With A 2 Wheel Motorcyle Like Experience
- The Gunbus 410 Is The World’s Largest Motorcycle
- The Isle Of Man TT, Like You’ve Never Seen It (video)
- The Ronin 47 Motorcycle Has the Future Look
- The Skully Helmet Mixes Good Ideas And Bad Ones
- The Uno: A Seriously Cool Looking Clown Motorcycle
- Tron Legacy Motorcycle Suits
- Tron Light Cycle Now in Production, can be yours for $55,000
- Two College Students Build Homemade Hydrogen Motorcycle (video)
- Volta Electric Motorbike
- Voxan Wattman Motorcycle Is Fast, Powerful… And Electric?
- Watch this Motorcyclist Speed Through Traffic at 186MPH (video)
- Wazuma V8: World’s Fastest Quad Bike (video)
- Wearable Motorcycle
- Yamaha Motobot Can Bike Better Than Most Humans