The new Star Wars movie hasn’t even dropped yet, and there are already some fan favorites. Notably the cute little rolling BB-8 droid, which seems to succinctly encapsulate everything fans love about droids in a fun new character. We can look forward to plenty of gifts for geeks as all of the new toys roll out.
Star Wars and Disney have been quick to capitalize on this love – of course. Fortunately, the result is a miniature working BB-8 model from creator Sphero that is just as lovable as the few seconds we’ve seen on the big screen. Released as part of Force Friday, the little dude quickly stole hearts and won over tech toy fans.
Read: Best Star Wars Gifts
The robot is controlled via app, but it can also respond to voice commands based on where you want it to go. Or you can just put it on patrol mode and have it randomly scout the area or occasionally bump into walls as it gets its bearings, which is just as adorable as it sounds.
There are even other functions, like the shake or nod of a head to help give the lil droid a few extra emotions based on what it’s encountering. Does it sound sweet? It certainly does.
But at a $150 price tag (and with availability almost certain to be low) this is more a toy designed for true adult fans rather than kids. For one thing, while its penchant for wandering around and bobbing its head is cute, that’s all there is, which means kids will probably get bored with it in around 12 hours. Also, the poor guy can’t do stairs very well.
Also why not check out:
- 15 of the Best Star Wars LEGO Sets for Holiday Gift Giving (list)
- Check Out the Latest Star Wars Collectibles and Toys for This Holiday Season
- Chewbacca Star Wars Journal: A Furry and Fun Gift
- Chewbacca Strap Cover Gives Your Seatbelt A Stylin’ Look
- Darth Vader Cuff Links Make A Boring Suit Cool
- Get Some R&R In The Stormtrooper Lounger
- Han Solo Frozen In Carbonite Life-Size Figure Is Taller Than Most NBA Players
- Look Like Darth Vader With This Star Wars Sheet Set
- Mold Your Own Galaxy With ‘Star Wars: Sculpting A Galaxy’
- Possibly the Best Star Wars Costume, Ever
- Reversible Hoodie Allows You To Be Both Chewbacca and Han Solo
- Sabertron Brings A Scoring System To Foam Star Wars Like Swords
- Star Wars Chewbacca Hoodie Mask Zip
- Star Wars Death Star Speaker: Lights, Bluetooth, No Lasers
- Star Wars Death Star Worktop Saver Protects Your Kitchen Countertops
- Star Wars Deco Lights Are Strong in the Force
- Star Wars Fan Reimagines Frankfurt Airport As An Imperial Base
- Star Wars Lightsaber Utensils Are Now Yours For $15
- Star Wars Pinball Never Looked Better
- Star Wars Will Help You Find Your Lost Item
- STREET by 50 First Edition Star Wars On Ear Headphones Stormtrooper
- The Darth Vader Mug Will Give Your Morning A Dark Side
- The Force Is With This Epic Star Wars Wall Art
- The No Bull Sh*t Star Wars Gift Guide
- Vader’s Vault Lightsabers for Your Star Wars Christmas