Feather me timbers! Asus has gone computer bonkers. First they’ve had massive success with the Eee PC and now they’ve unveiled a Macbook Air killer, the S101, which sports an Intel Atom processor under the hood. It’s .7-inches at its thickest point, weighs 2.2lbs, rocks a 10.2-inch LED backlit LCD (1024×768), and includes 20GB of online storage + 4-in-1 media card reader. Much like the Air, you’ll be limited to a non-removable 5-hour battery and you’ll have to tolerate the fixed 1GB of RAM. Wireless is had through 802.11n and Bluetooth 2.0. Fear not, it comes in Champagne and Graphite in addition to the pictured Brown (or is that Champagne?). Ports? 3x USB2.0, 1 Ethernet and 2 audio outs.
There’s 3 versions available: 16GB SSD with 16GB SD card, 32GB SSD and 64GB SSD. Cost? $699 for the first two and $799 for the latter.
Official spec sheet after the ‘leap’Hardwarezone]
Also why not check out:
- ASUS G752VS Gaming Laptop Review
- Asus Republic of Gamers G75 Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG G752VT Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS Zenbook Flip UX360CA Convertible Review
- ASUS Zenbook Pro UX501VW Review
- Asus ZenBook UX305CA Review
- Gadget Image Porn: Asus Eec PC S101 Laptop
- New Asus Chromebook Promises 64GB of Storage
- The ASUS Eee PC 1005PX Is Colorful