Looking for the best vlogging cameras under 300? Read on. The Asokee case comes in black or white colors and will fit the Hero 5, 6 and 7. The case itself seems pretty durable since it is made from 6061 aluminum and ABS plastic. The camera and a mic adapter of your own choice go into the two case halves and then you attach them together with a screw, sealing the case up.
The concept was created with both vloggers and travelers in mind. Sure, it’s great having your GoPro with you for your action shots, but there are times when you just want a proper point and shoot camera with you as well. Like when vlogging. With the case attached, you can still view the GoPro’s LCD screen, and use the functions with a button on the side. A simple button on top starts and stops your recording as well.
There’s also an easy access slot to charge it up and download your photos and videos. Plus there’s a 1/4 thread shoe mount for attachments and a mic plug, power cord, memory, and a 52-mm lens filter thread, slots for a shoulder strap. The whole thing weighs about 5 ounces.
This new shell gives your old GoPro an entirely new feel when using it. If you are interested in giving your Hero an upgrade, the Asokee case is currently available on Kickstarter, starting for about $36. This is definitely an interesting way to teach your old action cam some cool new tricks.
Many people consider the GoPro Hero to be one of the best compact video cameras around, but the form factor is not the same as using the best DSLR camera. Or even a point-and-shoot camera. Well, that is about to change thanks to Overlab and its Asokee case. That’s because Asokee turns your GoPro into a DSLR camera using the Asokee case, which wraps around your GoPro.
- Asokee Turns Your GoPro Into A DSLR Camera
- JVC GC-PX10 Digital Hybrid Camera
- Olympus SP-100 Review
- Hasselblad Rumors for Lenovo Moto Z Phones: Amazing Modular Camera
Also why not check out:
- 10 Must Have GoPro Camera Accessories (list)
- 15 Extreme GoPro Videos That’ll Get Your Adrenaline Pumping (list/videos)
- Best Canon DSLR
- Best Canon Lens for Video, Starting at $125
- Best DSLR Camera for Beginners
- Canon 5Ds DSLR Review
- Canon EOS 1300D DSLR Adds Connectivity for Casual Users
- Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR Review
- Canon Rebel SL1 DSLR Review
- Go Pro Hero3 Unveiled, Black Edition Captures 4k HD Video and Hi Res Slow Mo (video)
- GoPro Adds The Hero 4 Session To Slim Things Down
- How to Clean a DSLR Mirror
- Is the iPhone 7 Really Better than a DSLR? Fstoppers Took a Look
- Joby Gorillapod SLR-Zoom Review
- LyfeShot Blynk Time-Lapse Camera Review
- Nikon D3300 Review
- Nikon D5500 DSLR Review
- Nikon D7000 Review
- Nikon D810 DSLR Review
- Pentax K-S2 DSLR Review
- See if Smash Testing a GoPro is a Good Idea (video)
- The GoPole Evo Is a Stick for Your GoPro that Magically Disappears From the Shot
- The Konstruktor F Is The Best Do-It-Yourself SLR Camera
- The Olympus Air Turns Your Smartphone Into A DSLR
- What Is a DSLR Camera?
- Win a Case Logic DCB-308 SLR Camera Sling Bag From GadgetReview (contest)