After you read about Apple’s gaming monitors learn about Mistakes to Avoid when buying. Great news for you Apple and entertainment fans out there: Apple still appears to be working on a massively updated monitor with its own integrated GPU and 5k resolution.
Before we get too excited, let’s slow down a little and look at what the rumors have to say. Following on reports that the Thunderbolt display project is officially dead (or perhaps never really existed), sources told BuzzFeed that the newest monitor, as yet unnamed, would have an integrated GPU. Previous rumors had already stated that the display would offer 5k resolution: Resolution is a little tricky on computer monitors and their varying ratios, but trust that 5k is going to be a lot of pixels, more than most ultra HD monitors offer today. Current rumors have the still-vapor-monitor at 5120 x 2800 resolution.
This raises a big question: just what kind of integrated GPU may Apple be planning on? If it’s at all comparable to the GPUs available in some of today’s other integrated gaming monitors, then Apple is suddenly going to be a strong competitor in the gaming market. Apple is already a very common brand name that many more casual consumers will be attracted to: Plus, this move will fill a niche for gamers who want a great system but are still Apple fans and prefer to stick with devices they know while getting their latest dose of Overwatch or the newest WoW update. If this project becomes reality, it won’t only be the best Apple monitor on the market, but also one of the best gaming monitors available.
A few very important questions remain, however. First, while this gaming monitor will probably be announced this year if it really is in the works, we have no idea how much it will cost, which could be a vital point. Second, we’re not sure just how this monitor will be offered. Will it only be an all-in-one iMac option, like we’re used to? Will similar technology be used in a new line of MacBooks? Will Apple offer a standalone monitor? We’re not sure, but these are fun times – we’ll keep you updated when we learn anything else.
- 10 of the Top Rated Computer Monitors
- Apple’s Rumored Gaming Monitor: Integrated GPU and 5K Resolution?
- AOC E2251FWU 22-inch Widescreen USB LED Monitor Review
- HP ZR2740w 27-inch Monitor VS. HP ZR30w 30-inch Monitor (comparison)
Also why not check out:
- Acer Predator XB271HK 4K 27″ Gaming Monitor Review
- ASUS MG28UQ 4K Gaming Monitor Review
- BenQ PD3200U 4K Gaming Monitor Review
- Best 144Hz Gaming Monitor
- Best 240hz Gaming Monitor
- Best G-Sync Monitors in 2020
- Best Gaming Monitor 1ms
- Best Gaming Monitor For PS4 Pro
- Big screen 65″ Hitachi 4K TV $471 & Xbox One S Console discounts this week in Deals
- Dell Alienware Aurora (2018) Is the Ultimate Mainstream Gaming PC
- Gaming Monitor vs TV: Which is Best?
- New LG 5K Ultrawide Monitor Changes the Monitor Game
- Samsung UE590 4K Gaming Monitor Review
- ViewSonic XG2700-4K Monitor Review